Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Emoticons Please.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ArtSmart wrote: »
    thing is, I'm really suggesting more emoticons not only for rudeness sake, although that is quite a good reason, but also for brevity, colour and variety.

Actually, I quite like that this site doesn't allow a heap of emoticons. I've seen sites with them, these roll around the floor jobbies etc., just looks bleh, and its not nesessary. I think that you can give a tone to your post with what is available at present imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You can be brief, colourful and varied with words, too. Emoticons are a blight upon all discussion everywhere. They need culling, if they need anything. Painful, for preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

:bansmileys:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

People suggest blocking images, but they miss the point. Like the Clap, it's the knowing what's there, even though invisible, that really aggravates the mind.

/raises one eyebrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

paxman_1.jpg

Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Abi wrote: »
    Actually, I quite like that this site doesn't allow a heap of emoticons. I've seen sites with them, these roll around the floor jobbies etc., just looks bleh, and its not nesessary. I think that you can give a tone to your post with what is available at present imo.
    Sarky wrote: »
    You can be brief, colourful and varied with words, too. Emoticons are a blight upon all discussion everywhere. They need culling, if they need anything. Painful, for preference.
    Look, i'm as ichewlect, intoolectu - smart as the next guy. or smarter.

I'm suggesting another two, three more tops.

like the ROFL (roll on the floor laughing) instead of LOL all the time.

an some kinda of love emoticon.

I mean where's the love dude? where's the love?

and then maybe a 'slam dunk' emoticon.

and that's it.

honest.

well ok, maybe a 'flogging a dead horse' emotion.

but that's it.

really.

Maybe we should have a Q.E.D. emoticon, appropriately represented by some don in an oxford tweed.

Also, a Stephen Hawking emoticon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

You could just copy and paste small ASCII

ಠ̯ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    (*-*)

It's what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I see so many :facepalm: posts I think we need an actual facepalm, from the master:

picard.gif

You could just copy and paste small ASCII

ಠ̯ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ
    (*-*)

It's what I do.

( ゚∀゚)

• Advertisement
Advertisement