Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knights of Leon

Options
  • 04-07-2011 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Kings of Leon tribute band the "Knights of Leon" play the Black Box in Galway Saturday 20th August.

Doors 7.30pm

Admission 10 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Would love to go. Need a fix after seeing the Kings at Slane!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thomascon

Great band i hear. Some say they are better than the kings. some act to follow. i'm going for sure. a weekend in Galway, you can't beat that now can you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

^^^^^
    Interesting first post! Personally I don't see the point of cover bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

thomascon wrote: »
    Some say they are better than the kings.

Well, it was Kings of Leon who wrote the songs..........:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 villiavillian

Young Athenry Band Prospect Avenue are supporting the Kights of Leon in the Black Box in Galway on Sat 20th Aug.

Admission 10 euro

Tickets can be purchased from the Town Hall Theatre and on the door on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Predalien wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    Interesting first post! Personally I don't see the point of cover bands.

interesting post yourself...

you may as well have said "I don't see the point in the colour blue" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

interesting post yourself...

you may as well have said "I don't see the point in the colour blue" :rolleyes:

I see a point in the colour blue, but I wouldn't suggest creating an imitation of it while the original exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Presumably the Knights are going to go on hiatus now so they can be just like their idols? I mean, if they really want to be a convincing knock off of the Kings surely they're obligated to cancel a few shows at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

It might also be worth noting that this event is aimed at supporting the Muppet's in Terryland or as some call them Galway United FC - Something the thread starter failed to mention, so prepare to be surrounded by soccer types and hassled into donating to help keep the circus in Terryland going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

They usually play pubs don't they???

Seen them for free there in Voodoo in Letterkenny last month. They were good and easy to listen to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 villiavillian

Mike... wrote: »
    It might also be worth noting that this event is aimed at supporting the Muppet's in Terryland or as some call them Galway United FC - Something the thread starter failed to mention, so prepare to be surrounded by soccer types and hassled into donating to help keep the circus in Terryland going

Its a concert. There are no raffles or ticket selling on the night. No donations ask for or anything like that. We have been selling the tickets to the public on shop st for the last few weeks and there won't be any football hooligans there. Yes its a fundraiser for GUFC. Everybody is welcome. Should be a good night.

smokedeels wrote: »
    I see a point in the colour blue, but I wouldn't suggest creating an imitation of it while the original exists.

you said "cover bands", which includes everyone from Knights of Leon to a 3-piece in the corner of a pub in Donegal doing Rory Gallagher tributes.

saying "you don't see the point in it" is a worthless contribution to a forum thread. It's subjective. That's kind of what I was getting at.

I take it you've never, ever, (ever) sang along, nodded your head or danced to a cover band?

ah jaysus...why am I bothering...enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

you said "cover bands"

I didn't
    I take it you've never, ever, (ever) sang along, nodded your head or danced to a cover band?

I have
    ah jaysus...why am I bothering

I don't know

smokedeels wrote: »
    I didn't

I have

I don't know

touche!

apologies...twas directed at @predalien

cover bands/imitations/etc...they are what they are I guess. the only cover band i think i've ever paid to see is Complete Stone Roses and only cause I happened by the ticket in town.

there's a time and a place and its just a bit of fun.

goodo cover bands playing good tunes can be just what the doctor ordered sometimes. and sometimes not at all.

sorry for hijacking thread lads.

Advertisement