Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High electricity bill

• 04-07-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭

Has anyone elses airtricity bill jumped in the last few months. Up until 4/5 months ago i was with bord gais and my average bi-monthly bill was around 50/60, my last bord gais bill was 80, same as my 1st airtricity bill and today got a bill for 120 we havnt done anything different as far as we can see, this time last year we used 225 units and the latest bill is 600 units, both actual readings.

Does anyone have any ideas

also does leaving the red switch for the oven on (while the oven is not in use) make much of a difference.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

if the readings of the meters are correct, then they are correct.
    BUT
    check the standing charges being charged
    also check the rates being charged
    also Airtricity do have a conversion factor for gas that makes things worse
    Flogas have a better conversion factor.

also the red light
    i personally turn it off
    if im not using the cooker there is no need for it to be on.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well, since you've checked the readings, and you have confirmed that your usage has doubled since this time last year, then it's a safe bet that the bill will double in price too. This has nothing to do with changing provider, or the provider you use.

Your actual usage has gone up, so in order to reduce your bill, you need to cut that. Only you can determine what the reason for this increase in usage is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Have to agree with OP on this one. I moved to Airtricity and my bills have more than doubled despite there being no difference in usage-and don't get me started on their "customer service"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

I am with ESB and have been paying €126 per month for the last 3 years .

Last month my DD has increased to €180 monthly .

It must be a seaonal adjustment due to overuse during the winter months .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I am with ESB and have been paying €126 per month for the last 3 years .

Last month my DD has increased to €180 monthly .

It must be a seaonal adjustment due to overuse during the winter months .

Sounds like you are on a Budget plan and these will adjust from time to time in line with usage changes and to balance themselves out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Have to agree with OP on this one. I moved to Airtricity and my bills have more than doubled despite there being no difference in usage-and don't get me started on their "customer service"

It all boils down to units x rate. If meter readings are correct then you are simply using more of the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

brayblue24 wrote: »

It doesn't appear that you even read it though. The OP has doubled his usage, and confirmed with the reading, and the bill has naturally enough doubled because of that. Nothing to do with the provider or anything like that.

Advertisement