Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get add on scenery etc?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Im new to flight sim x and want to know where to buy add ons to enhance the game. Also airlines and all other add ons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

AVSIM is great for freeware Add-ons, along with Simviation

For Paid add-ons I think Just Flight have some great titles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

ok ive downloaded some planes. how do you get them onto the actual game now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Instructions for install are in the 'readme' file included in the aircraft package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

For payway, I'd recommend Aerosoft for scenery.

Eiresim have covered Dublin, Cork and Shannon - top quality scenery (especially the latter two as they are more recent).

For Aircraft, get yourself over to PMDG. The best payware aircraft in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Stupidly expensive, and excessive detail for most simmers tbh.

Captain sim craft provide silly detail levels... but managable,

PMDG - uber realism.

CLS - Pretty good detail levels, great realism,

Justflight - mm, decent enough detail, managable 'get in and fly' ability. Thier F-lite series are awesome beginer addons.

Frankly though, most freeware craft like Posky, and Opensky are Brilliant enough for most simmers. Payware are for more serious, or adventurous simmers, and frankly, most require pilots knowlage level to operate sucessfully.

I own PMDG (bae jetstream 4100), Captain sim (757 captain), CLS MD82, 87, Piper Cherokee, and Justflight (A318, A320), and Id rank them in the following order really, from 'really serious sim' to 'fun addons for the casual simmer'

1PMDG
    2CLS
    3Captain Sim
    4Justflight

There is such thing as throwing someone in the deep end, from thier reference to fsx as a game, I don't think they're after a a way to get faa aproved simulator hours :P

Advertisement