Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Aritech CS250 Panel stuck in engineer mode. "Enter Object id"

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Tonight, I wanted to have a quick look at the log on my alarm panel so I put the engineer code into the keypad. Instead of just entering the five digit code, I put a hash in front. (I'm not sure why! I think I wanted it to light up!)

Anyhow, now the keypad just says "Enter Object Id". I can't access the usual menu and my other keypad just says "Eng Here". If I enter #1#, #2#, or #3#, I get the software version, manufacturer, and model. Other #x# does nothing.

Please help! Does anybody know how I can exit this mode?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Press NO until it returns to the home screen then enter engineer code to enter engineer mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

Thanks very much for the reply KoolKid.

I held down 'no' for about a minute but it just beeped away with "Enter Object Id" in the display. I also tried to press it repeately, but no joy.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would down power the system, mains and battery. This should clear it for you.

altor wrote: »
    I would down power the system, mains and battery. This should clear it for you.

Cheers Altor. How can I do that? Will I lose any settings?

eggerb wrote: »
    Cheers Altor. How can I do that? Will I lose any settings?

Very easy to do. Turn off mains, open control panel, disconnect the battery. Reconnect the battery, enter your code on the keypad to stop alarm ringing, close up control panel turn back on mains. Job done :D

You wont loose any settings in the panel, you may need to change the time if that resets.

• Advertisement

Great - thanks Altor. I might leave it till tomorrow. I'm threading on thin ice surfing in bed. I'd say the missus might have more than something to say if the alarm goes off! Cheers.

Great - thanks Altor. I might leave it till tomorrow. I'm threading on thin ice surfing in bed. I'd say the missus might have more than something to say if the alarm goes off! Cheers.

I don't think the neighbours would be too happy either. Any problems let us know :D

I seem to be sorted guys. Thanks for all the help. I needed to do it twice because I inadvertently ended back at "Enter Object id" after trying to increase the volume on the keypad. (I reduced it last night when trying to sort the problem. I knew it was # and 1 but when it said enter code, I entered the eng code again and landed back to where I was.) Anyhow, sorted as I say. Thanks for the input. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad it all worked out for you. Any problems you know where to find us.

I seem to be sorted guys. Thanks for all the help. I needed to do it twice because I inadvertently ended back at "Enter Object id" after trying to increase the volume on the keypad. (I reduced it last night when trying to sort the problem. I knew it was # and 1 but when it said enter code, I entered the eng code again and landed back to where I was.) Anyhow, sorted as I say. Thanks for the input. :)

Good to see you got it sorted today, here is a link to the user manual that explains most problems people come across using the alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I hope this isn't a problem (I know about resurrecting old threads, but this one isn't that old!) but I came across this thread when Googling for answers when I got my Aritech CS250 into the same menu and got 'stuck' in the same way. Reading the manual a bit closer revealed that a simple ## OK would do the trick which it did ... easier than powering down and disconnecting the battery at least.

Hope this (my 10,000th post as well!) will help anyone chancing across this same thread in the future :)

Alun wrote: »
    I hope this isn't a problem (I know about resurrecting old threads, but this one isn't that old!) but I came across this thread when Googling for answers when I got my Aritech CS250 into the same menu and got 'stuck' in the same way. Reading the manual a bit closer revealed that a simple ## OK would do the trick which it did ... easier than powering down and disconnecting the battery at least.

Hope this (my 10,000th post as well!) will help anyone chancing across this same thread in the future :)

Cheers. Handy to know. Congrats on the milestone!

Advertisement