Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound from a new TV?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have a brand new Sanyo CE26LD90 TV but I can't get the sound to work.

At the moment it will only work through headphones but not through speakers. I have tried changing the settings to no avail. I can't find customer support for Sanyo in Ireland either.

The TV was given to me as a gift so I'd prefer to fix the problem myself before going back to the person who gave it to me as I'm fairly sure it is something simple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Notsofatso

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, please move if I have placed it incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Nononolan

What is the source of your picture? If its a digital decoder box try changing the scart lead with one you know works. These problems are usually rooted with cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Nononolan wrote: »
    What is the source of your picture? If its a digital decoder box try changing the scart lead with one you know works. These problems are usually rooted with cables.

If he's getting his signal from a digital box then there's no problem with the SCART or HDMI cable because he can hear the sound through headphones.

OP, I assume when you listen through headphones that they're connected direct to a headphone socket on the TV?

I've tried changing the scart, it makes no difference.

The headphones do plug directly into the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When you plug in headphones it cuts off the speakers, I wonder has this mechanism jammed? Insert the headphone plug, twist it around a bit and pull it out, see if that fixes it.

• Advertisement

Good idea, unfortunately no luck.

Advertisement