Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling Farm to Farm Query

• 04-07-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

I've an animal i want to sell, normally i sell at the mart however i have someone local interested so all we've to do is agree a price.
    I have him blooded and he's within the TB test so how do i get the necessary paperwork to sell him farm to farm?
    I'm registered for agfood.com so can i register the movement here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

locky76 wrote: »
    I've an animal i want to sell, normally i sell at the mart however i have someone local interested so all we've to do is agree a price.
    I have him blooded and he's within the TB test so how do i get the necessary paperwork to sell him farm to farm?
    I'm registered for agfood.com so can i register the movement here?

You have to do it online, if you no longer hold a herd register book

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

AFAIK to do it on line both the seller and buyer have to be registered at agfood.ie Find out if the buyer is registered.

If he isn't registered get a movement form from dvo, fill it up and fax it to bandon. Technically you have to wait till they post you a form back, then after moving the animal sign it date it, post a bit back to bandon. Far simpler if both you and the buyer are registered on agfood!!

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/agfoodiehelpvideos/howtoregisterforagfoodie/

hope this helps

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

You can do it on agfood and print out the 3 part movement form, or do it online on agfood or you can print out the CMMS movement form, fill out its details and sent it to the Movement Agency who will send you the 3 part movement form.

I have only done 1 on agfood so far and it worked very well. I just selected the animal that I wanted to move and printed up the form instantly. The buyer has to enter his details onto the form and sign it (You don't have to know his herd number before printing it) and then you just post it off.

or if the buyer uses agfood, the whole process can be done online. You just create the movement form online, send it to the buyer online, the buyer accepts it and the transfer is done instantly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

blue5000 wrote: »
    AFAIK to do it on line both the seller and buyer have to be registered at agfood.ie Find out if the buyer is registered.

The buyer doesnt have to be registered online. the Farm to Farm hard copy is available on the internet. If both buyer and seller are online its so easy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Sorry I didn't know we could print off the form.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

blue5000 wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't know we could print off the form.

Its so badly promoted that few know about it. I only found out by trial and error. I guess they don't want us all to use it because if we did we'd put some high paid dep of ag worker out of a job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

reilig wrote: »
    Its so badly promoted that few know about it. I only found out by trial and error. I guess they don't want us all to use it because if we did we'd put some high paid dep of ag worker out of a job!
    Reilig i never took you for a cynic:)

Advertisement