Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next S.T.A.G.S. shoot.

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Does any one know when the next S.T.A.G.S. Shoot is on in the midlands?
    I want to give it a go, but i need to know dates so I can work around it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

declan1980 wrote: »
    Does any one know when the next S.T.A.G.S. Shoot is on in the midlands?
    I want to give it a go, but i need to know dates so I can work around it

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Ah Declan. You beat me to it I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully there will be one on soon. I have bin working my ass off since the last shoot and I am mad for some action now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

With the dust from the Creedmoor gradually settling i'm sure there will be one shortly. I'll make some enquiries and get to ye as soon as i get word.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Any word about the next shoot?

just off the phone and i've been given the 26th of November as a provisional date for he next STAGS shoot. There are a few details to be sorted, and this shoot has generated alot of interest so the lads at the MNSCI are trying to set a date to suit all people interested.

Also with all the other comps/shoots this is the only date that works. Format will be ironed out over the next week or two and i'll post details as i get them. This shoot will also incorporate a Christmas style shoot with it being so close to christmas.

So unless you hear different between now and then mark your calenders for the 26th Nov.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Ezridax wrote: »
    just off the phone and i've been given the 26th of November as a provisional date for he next STAGS shoot. There are a few details to be sorted, and this shoot has generated alot of interest so the lads at the MNSCI are trying to set a date to suit all people interested.

Also with all the other comps/shoots this is the only date that works. Format will be ironed out over the next week or two and i'll post details as i get them. This shoot will also incorporate a Christmas style shoot with it being so close to christmas.

So unless you hear different between now and then mark your calenders for the 26th Nov.
    Sweet, i'm looking forward to it already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i hope i can make it up. should be a bit off crack:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Been waiting for this to come up for ages so i can give it ago as i havent entered a comp with the custom .308 and wanted to see how i could do......but dont think im free that saturday......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

What is the format for one of these shoots?

Have a look at the format for some of the previous shoots.

Here

Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

missed out on this last time as it clashed with another shoot, hopefully this time

STAGS-logo.jpg
    Midlands National Shooting centre presents its S.T.A.G.S. shoot, Bargain sale, and New member day.
    The Midlands National Shooting Centre Of Ireland are happy to announce the next in it's series of Sporting Target And Game SHoots. The shoot will take place on November 26th, 2011 on the MNSCI "Windmill" range, Blueball, Tullamore, Offaly. Regisrtation begins at 10am and closes at 11:30am. All regisrtations, and fees to completed in reception prior to moving out to the range.
    The fee is €10 per entry, with the possibility of re-entry depending upon competitor numbers, and turnout. All competitors must bring a current FAC for the firearms they intend to use, and current insurance card/details. All firearms MUST be cased on arrival, and can only be taken out when the person is up to shoot. All shooting will take place on the 100yard windmill range, and a zero range will be made available to all shooters to check their rifles before shooting. You may use a bipod or sandbag ONLY to support the front of the rifle. Rests and other mechanical supports will not be allowed.
    There will be two details. Total rounds for both details will be 16 rounds. Both details will consist of deer sized targets in the following format;

Detail 1
    • Herd of deer.
    • 4 shots per round.
    • 2 sets.
    Detail 2
    • Herd of deer
    • 4 shots at herd.
    • Running deer
    • 4 shots at running deer.
    =======================================================================================

Midlands National Shooting centre Ireland

Bargain sale

The MNSCI on the same day will hold it's inaugural Bargain sale.

We all have items lying around that we have gotten over the years from flip caps for our scopes to that fishing rod that collects more dust than fish. The Midlands has developed the Bagain Day for all sports men to sell their unwanted items.

Most items can be sold however there are limitations. So NO selling of firearms or ammunition on the day. All other items are more than welcome. If you are interested in booking a table please fill in the form in this link, and return it to Jim Griffin at the grif@eircom.net . It doesn't matter if you have 10 or 1,000 items to sell. You can also "double up" with another. So if you have some friends and want to book a table between you then feel free. All bookings must be in by the 20th November 2011

The sale will start at 13:30 on the 26th November same day as the STAGS shoot), and is open to competitors, and non competitors alike. The fee is €10 per table.

Application form for booking a table.
    =======================================================================

M.N.S.C.I. Membership deal.

The MNSCI will on the same day as the STAGS shoot, and Bargain day have a one day only deal on membership to the range. With times as they are the membership fee of €600 will be reduced for this day only to €450. A saving of €150.

To avail of this offer simply see Jim Griffin on the day, and he will provide/take details of interested people.

========================================================================================

header.jpg

Here is the booking form for a table. Must be returned by 20th November.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=10973

Application form.

I've been asked a few questions about the different aspects of this day so for everyone's sake here is a summarised version;

S.T.A.G.S.
    • Open shoot for all.
    • Any caliber.
    • Bipod or front sandbag. No rear rest.
    Bargain day
    • Fill in the form and return to Jim by the 20th Nov.
    • The fee can be paid on the day. It does not have to go with the form.
    • Its open to everyone. You DO NOT need to be taking part in the shoot to have a table.
    • Except for firearms or ammo you can have a table for anything. Even if it only a scope, and afew bits, and bobs. You do not need to have a "shops worth" of gear.
    Membership
    • Payable on the day.
    • Must be done in person. you cannot post in your application form.
    • Available on the day only.
    • Gives access to all range facilities. Its a discount price. It does not restrict what you can shoot or do on the range. You have the same array of facilities as a prson with 10 years membership.
    If anyone has further questions feel free to contact me via PM and ill answer what i can, or put you in contact with one of the lads at the MNSCI that'll be happy to help.

Just a reminder lads that if anyone wants a table that all applications/forms must be in by the end of this week Sunday 20th.

There are a few already booked, but room for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

I know that new membership year in Midlands shooting centre commences on a 1st of March. So if I join for 450 on a 26th, does that mean that in 3 months time i'll be paying 285 to remain a member??? Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

zlezlius wrote: »
    I know that new membership year in Midlands shooting centre commences on a 1st of March. So if I join for 450 on a 26th, does that mean that in 3 months time i'll be paying 285 to remain a member??? Thanks for the info
    [/LEFT]

You're misinformed. It expires at the end of June.

The renewal actually goes from July so it'll be 8 months of membership for the €450. Then €285 per year after.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

I got the same text message reminder for this shoot 7 times this evening.

Whom ever is sending them need not worry, they had me at "Dont forget" on the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I got the same text message reminder for this shoot 7 times this evening.

Whom ever is sending them need not worry, they had me at "Dont forget" on the first one.

I only got Info about the S.A.G,S.S shoot once.

I can't attend.

I'm working all that weekend Nights Through.
    I might call over for a few minutes in the afternoon before I head into work for the night if I get a chance.

The Deal is good for membership.
    It makes it affordable for many, remembering that there are a lot of Discounts from being a member, I save €300 on my phone Bills alone by being a member.

Also, it is a great place to go when your rifle falls apart and you need help put it together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Ezridax wrote: »
    Just a reminder lads that if anyone wants a table that all applications/forms must be in by the end of this week Sunday 20th.

There are a few already booked, but room for more.

aaaah why am i always working when this is happening:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

I only got Info about the S.A.G,S.S shoot once.

I can't attend.

I'm working all that weekend Nights Through.
    I might call over for a few minutes in the afternoon before I head into work for the night if I get a chance.

The Deal is good for membership.
    It makes it affordable for many, remembering that there are a lot of Discounts from being a member, I save €300 on my phone Bills alone by being a member.

Also, it is a great place to go when your rifle falls apart and you need help put it together.

what are these other discounts that you speak off ???

ian

ianoo wrote: »
    what are these other discounts that you speak off ???

ian

As you get IFA countryside
    You get a discount 25% Vodafone
    €35 off FBD,
    Free membership of the NRAI
    And a host of other discounts.

+you get the added bonus of having priceless knowledge, All the free Coffee you can drink.

Not to mind being part of the second longest range in Europe.

A one stop shop for all your shooting needs.

I only wish I could attend it (and the Gym) more often:O

• Registered Users Posts: 48 applelodge

How do you go about getting the 25% discount of vodafone

applelodge wrote: »
    How do you go about getting the 25% discount of vodafone

Ring up Ifa, they give you a number, ring up vodafone and quote that number and thats it if I remember correctly, I've been using it too years now and saved me a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

How much time do you get between each shot at the herd of deer. I was planning to use a single shot rifle and wonder will I be at a disadvantage?

badaj0z wrote: »
    How much time do you get between each shot at the herd of deer. I was planning to use a single shot rifle and wonder will I be at a disadvantage?

It would be a disadvantage in my opinion, you would need a 4 shot rifle as a min.

Even then reloading too fast causing jams can cause you to miss an exposure

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Was there yesterday and tried to book a table for next Sunday's sale.

There was no one to give the form to and I was told it'll be a first come basis next week..?

May give Jim a call to find out what the story is.

leupold90 wrote: »
    Was there yesterday and tried to book a table for next Sunday's sale.

Not to be pedantic, but the sale is on the same day as the shoot - Saturday. i only mention it so you don't plan your day around Sunday.:cool:
    There was no one to give the form to and I was told it'll be a first come basis next week..?

May give Jim a call to find out what the story is.

I've spoken to Jim, and you can contact him on the e-mail or phone number above, and he'll sort you out if you are still interested.

There is still plenty of room lads if anyone else would like to book a table. Remember it doesn;t have to be a shops worth of stuff. for a €10 anything else is money in the pocket. I've even had a look around the roomhere at home and found quite a bit of stuff i didn;t realise i had so i could be booking one myself. Its amazing how much stuff you colllect over the years without realising it. Even found two bi-pods i forgot i had. A Versa and Harris.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Excuse the typo - meant Saturday.

Thanks, I'll give Jim a call.

Advertisement