Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next S.T.A.G.S. shoot.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There has been a lot of interest in the bargain section of the planned shoot this weekend, however the interest levels have not been met with the same level of booking.

I have previously posted in response to some PMs with people questioning specifics of the day, the details, items that can or cannot be sold, etc. While i outlined that there is no minimum amount of items, nothing preventing multiple lads using the same table if they believe they have not got enough items to warrant a table of their own, etc there still seems to be a reluctance to book for whatever reason so it was decided to postpone the bargain section until after the new year to allow people to better prepare, and allow the range to organise a bigger such day.

I appreciate that this may be disappointing to some looking forward to this part of the day, but unless numbers suddenly increase in the next day it would be better suited in the new year.

Apologies for the short notice, but as the final day for booking was Sunday and allowing for late bookings the numbers still do not support the need for the bargain day.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

Is the STAGS shoot still on?

Yes.

The shoot is still on as is the membership deal. Its only the bargain day that has been postponed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Anyone at this today? Who won or any results. I was raging i couldnt make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Poulo won the overall competition.

He won CF with 158/160
    Not sure what he won with in RF.

Scores were high today.

Great shooting Poulo now just to add them two trophy's to the collect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    Anyone at this today? Who won or any results. I was raging i couldnt make

Poulo6.5 won both the centerfire and rimfire.
    I have to say that I had great fun today, and I was really impressed with the facilities up there, so I decided to join

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

declan1980 wrote: »

I have to say that I had great fun today, and I was really impressed with the facilities up there, so I decided to join

It really is a great club/range. Was there a big turn out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

declan1980 wrote: »
    Fair play Poulo ,great results ;).

Thank you to all that turned up today. Attendance was down a little from previous shoots, but i'd say the weather had a lot to do with that.

Well done to all that attended, and for a great shoot, competitive wise. Congratulations to poulo6.5 for a truely well fought, and well deserved win. Considering the winning score was 2 off possible and he won by a point it shows the heightened standard of shooting that was shown on the day.

The weather was fairly bad at the start, but cleared throughout the day providing, if nothing else, a dry afternoon.

Thanks also the ROs, and organisers of the shoot. Another well run, and fun shoot. The next one hopefully won't be too long after the new year, most likely towards the end of the deer season with more to follow throughout 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

well done paulo, .243 or .308?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Well done Paulo for the first man to do the double ever.

All the Deer Stalking and Quality equipment is paying off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    Ah Declan. You beat me to it I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully there will be one on soon. I have bin working my ass off since the last shoot and I am mad for some action now.

Well Paul that work paid off, you'll have to Join up now.;)

Also I would like to Welcome Declan1980 to MNSCI.

Pitty I could not be there, but I could not get out of work.

At least I got to meet up with the lads briefly after the shoot to cangradulate them both for Paul Winning it all, and Dec's joining the Fold at MNSCI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Well Paul that work paid off, you'll have to Join up now.;)

Also I would like to Welcome Declan1980 to MNSCI.

Pitty I could not be there, but I could not get out of work.

At least I got to meet up with the lads briefly after the shoot to cangradulate them both for Paul Winning it all, and Dec's joining the Fold at MNSCI.

Thanks tack, I'm sure we'll have a bit of craic up there in the future trying to push our rifles out there. Even though it was my first time there I learned a lot, especially about making sure my mod is on tight;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

garv123 wrote: »
    well done paulo, .243 or .308?

thanks lads i had a great day and i didnt expect to win but things went well for me on the day

garv i used the .22lr cz style for the rimfire shoot and the .243 sako/truflight by fergal white for the centre fire

i am looking forward to the next event, its all a good bit of crack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

thanks lads i had a great day and i didnt expect to win but things went well for me on the day

garv i used the .22lr cz style for the rimfire shoot and the .243 sako/truflight by fergal white for the centre fire

Well done mate. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Congrats to the Winner. Well done Poulo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Great shooting poulo6.5
    Fair play, 2 year in a row you bring home the trophy.Outstanding:D
    Hope i see a youtube video of it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

it was a good day out alright,
    nice to meet up with a few lads of here and put faces to the names ,and well done to paulo for pulling off the double ...a big thanks to the lads at MNSCI for running the shoot fair, play to them and roll on the next one :D

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭50cal

Congratulation Paulo that was a fair achievement winning both the full bore and rim-fire categories and a very strong score of 158/160.
    I take it that this was the best or your two attempts? did you drop many points in your first effort?
    Congrats and two years in a row as well.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

50cal wrote: »
    Congratulation Paulo that was a fair achievement winning both the full bore and rim-fire categories and a very strong score of 158/160.
    I take it that this was the best or your two attempts? did you drop many points in your first effort?
    Congrats and two years in a row as well.;)

i did the rimfire once and got 145/160

the first time i did the centre fire i got 144/160. but i could see a lovely tight group just under the bull

for my second attempt i just gave the scope 3 clicks up and did exactly as i did the first time and took every shot as fresh target and didnt try to compensate,
    basically i just shot for a group and ignored any of the previous shots.

anyway it worked.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

i did the rimfire once and got 145/160

the first time i did the centre fire i got 144/160. but i could see a lovely tight group just under the bull

for my second attempt i just gave the scope 3 clicks up and did exactly as i did the first time and took every shot as fresh target and didnt try to compensate,
    basically i just shot for a group and ignored any of the previous shots.

anyway it worked.
    thanks
    You shouldnt have to explain yourself bud .....winning is winning and well done :cool:.It old fashion begrudgery when guys ask weather it was your first or second attempt :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

I would ave liked to have being there for the competition and the craic. Did anyone take any pictures?

Advertisement