Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now with 56% more evil...GSL Season 3 (16/7/11) Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

haha. nice. have not played you in a while. looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Fuck yeah, this thing is really taking off :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ladnopoka wrote: »
    i would love to go there ! is there any buses or anything that are going there? if i find a way to get there im in !

Hi, whereabouts are you from? If you are looking for directions when you reach Limerick, I can PM you my number. It's not too far from the bus/train station. Maybe a 10 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Matt (or anyone really) are you getting the bus from Cork?

mackg wrote: »
    Matt (or anyone really) are you getting the bus from Cork?

yeah I am. contact me on my xbox. (NinjaRoguePanda)

• Advertisement

I have to admit, I'm more than a little excited and more than a little hyped about GSL3. There's going to be alot of solid players attending. What's more, alot of really interesting characters.

Looking forward to
    .....playing the Limerick lads...it's been a while!
    .....seeing what Onion has done with his super buffed Makoto! Little scared!
    .....getting to play Matt who convincingly beat me @ Tempest 2
    .....meeting the new players who are attending.
    .....hopefully not getting Mistified(TM) by Misty on the day!
    .....waiting to see has anyone changed mains for the new season. I know some of us will have and some of us will have not. Anyone learn Yun/Yang or, more importantly, has anyone learned to play AGAINST them ;) :P :pac::pac::pac:

Hype. It has been got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

For those going from Cork, the route we used the last couple of trips was:

Cork - Limerick
    1025 bus from Cork Bus Station. No. 051 Cork-Limerick-Galway
    That will get you to Limerick at 1210.

It's fairly easy to get to the venue. Go left from the bus station and follow the edge of the park as far as you can. Go straight until the subway on the corner of Henry Street and then take a left and keep going until the Movie Drome.

limerickGSLmap.png

Limerick - Cork
    1625 or 1825 bus from Limerick Bus Station. No. 051 Cork-Limerick-Galway

Very helpful of you Sairus!

2 questions...

Should I bring along MvC3?
    (Important one here) Does anyone have a disc copy of AE?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

how to get there if im in dublin?
    Is someone here that is going to Limerick from dublin city.. on a bus or a train? anyone?

The bus and train station are in the same place, so whatever transport you get there the above map is still applicable.

• Advertisement

Very helpful of you Sairus!

2 questions...

Should I bring along MvC3?
    (Important one here) Does anyone have a disc copy of AE?

I have a copy of AE on disc now so I'll bring it along, but I'll have to head straight after so it can't be used for casuals after...boo! :P

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have a copy of AE on disc now so I'll bring it along, but I'll have to head straight after so it can't be used for casuals after...boo! :P

Cool beans, hopefully we can get another console online so we're all playing AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If anyone can't make it but want to keep an eye on proceedings as they happen, check out http://m-s-l.tourney.cc/ - on the left, it's S3-1 that you'll want to click into...

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Good luck today lads.

I'm just back from the bus station. I was hoping to give Onion's prize from @rcade-con to someone so they could pass it on to him at the MovieDrome, but alas there was not a Cork fighter to be found.
    Good job lads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Best of luck lads, would have been up but got confused and showed up at the Newport for Tempest.:(

It's well underway. Follow all the action at http://m-s-l.tourney.cc/groups/

No worries mackg - we'll get you next time.......and perhaps have your trip supervised. :)

🤪

Matt (shokashi) wins from FutureGuy with D4rk onion in third. :)

🤪

Ggs games to everyone today. Well beaten by matt again and Onion came within inches of beating me with Oni.

It's amazing how easy I revert to the same old combo when we start the tournament and forget all the advanced combos I had practiced for the last week lol.

Have to seriously up my game for next time.

Ooh goody, a Cork player snuck up there in the end anyways :D Good stuff.
    What numbers did yee get?
    It's amazing how easy I revert to the same old combo when we start the tournament and forget all the advanced combos I had practiced for the last week lol.

And yar, I totally get this XD I'm in training mode beasting with my awesome Oni combos and then I play a match and I'll be lucky to remember my target combos :/

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    Ooh goody, a Cork player snuck up there in the end anyways :D Good stuff.
    What numbers did yee get?

And yar, I totally get this XD I'm in training mode beasting with my awesome Oni combos and then I play a match and I'll be lucky to remember my target combos :/

Yeah Matt and his brother attended from Cork which was great. Nathan returned to the fold with a very solid Abel.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Was anything recorded peoples?

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Was anything recorded peoples?

Every game!

Loads recorded between PVR and Camcorder...Videos going live now. All those directly recorded set to upload first. Camcorder footage may require a little editing for cleanliness.

Check out the videos here. Wouldn't say "no" to a few extra subscribers either ;D

Obviously going to take a little bit of time to go up but should all be there by tomorrow evening.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Some good fights guys. Got to mention marks comeback over mike in one of their games :D sweet. Onion and matts fight was really good too, great way to finish it off matt.

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Some good fights guys. Got to mention marks comeback over mike in one of their games :D sweet. Onion and matts fight was really good too, great way to finish it off matt.

thanks mate. to be honest i was shocked myself, onion has the habit of owning my ass no matter what, i just got lucky

hay guys brill gaming yesterday, already got the first half of the videos now we shall wait for the second half.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Have to seriously up my game for next time.

i hate when to happens too, tho only combo i could remember was the HK ruffian to F-HK to EX-CRIMINAL UPPER, but when we was playing casuals you manage to get in some epic combos ending with supers, i bow before greatness *BOWS*

ahh, forgot to mention, next glacial league ill be getting a lift again to limerick from cork so so anyone who wants to chip in to get there costs less than a return ticket from the bus station

• Advertisement

When in doubt, make 4 sequential posts! :pac:

I may take you up on that lift offer. Shall have to see closer to the date!

I'm slowly making my way through all the videos here. Great quality on the ones on your channel, Sabre. What did you use for them?

Advertisement