Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did Cigarettes go up

• 04-07-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi just been told the cigarettes when up in the city centre 2 day by 10cent is this true? ust want to ind out if the girlfriend has been riped of 2day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah 10c. my bensons have cost €8.65 since last week

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭anto2009

yeah 10c. my bensons have cost €8.65 since last week

thanks admiralofthefleet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Silk cuts all went up last week

Johnnie Blue went up sunday night by 15c

Pj Carroll range go up on the 10th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I gave up cigarette's years ago but I feel sorry for anyone smoking because their not allowed to shout rip off or else face the PC brigade. I remember how I used to enjoy a cigarette but government just ups the price at will and manufacturers do also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

My cigars are still €13.50 each :D (thankfully it one a once in a while treat!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

12.5g Drum light up 5c to 4.40.

Remember kids, this is for the good of our health. You see, the Guvmint wants us to quit and this is increase is going to be the key to doing that.

And no, this is is not just a cynical tax increase.

Bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

12.5g Drum light up 5c to 4.40.

Remember kids, this is for the good of our health. You see, the Guvmint wants us to quit and this is increase is going to be the key to doing that.

And no, this is is not just a cynical tax increase.

Bollox.

This is a manufacturers price increase - government and taxes have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dymo wrote: »
    their not allowed to shout rip off or else face the PC brigade.

because the real rip-off is everyone else having to pay for their healthcare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

Let's not mention the taxes that smokers pay. That's not a convenient for the touchy feely brigade, so we'll leave that aside because it doesn't suit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

That cuts both ways. The longer you live the more likely it is someone will be subsidising your health care costs when you're out of the work force towards the end of your life.

But sure, begrudge people receiving treatment, because that's ever so upright and decent. Smokers happen to pay multiple times the cost of their healthcare over in excise and duties on tobacco. e.g. Britain - cost of smoking is about 1.5bn on the NHS, revenue from cigs is 9.3bn http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3292979.stm

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And finally.

PJ Carrolls put up the price of their cigarettes today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

What about Marlboro's?
    I'm down to my last 2 boxes of my carton(a gift from Poland :P ) and not looking forward to the prospect of a price increase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What about the lads selling fags door to door? Have there prices gone up too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

20 carrolls gone up 40c its i rip off

red bull wrote: »
    20 carrolls gone up 40c its i rip off

Did they, never noticed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

My mam smoked 30 cigarettes costing €12.82/day for donkeys years, she gave up smoking last Christmas Day and so far have saved €2,565 since then. She is like a new woman out walking, exercising and has a new lease of life.

Herself and my dad are now looking at booking a nice long foreign holiday later in September and I have absolutely no pity for people complaining about the cost of cigarettes because you are idiots wasting such money. I hope the government keeps raising the tax on cigarettes even more because smokers are fools and deserve to be punished in the pocket. Smugglers and tobacco barons should get heavier sentences and we as a society need to tax smoking out of existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Stinicker wrote: »
    My mam smoked 30 cigarettes costing €12.82/day for donkeys years, she gave up smoking last Christmas Day and so far have saved €2,565 since then. She is like a new woman out walking, exercising and has a new lease of life.

Herself and my dad are now looking at booking a nice long foreign holiday later in September and I have absolutely no pity for people complaining about the cost of cigarettes because you are idiots wasting such money. I hope the government keeps raising the tax on cigarettes even more because smokers are fools and deserve to be punished in the pocket. Smugglers and tobacco barons should get heavier sentences and we as a society need to tax smoking out of existence.

And I have no pity for people complaining about the cost of alcohol, you're all drunks
    And I have no pity for people complaining about the cost of petrol, you are lazy pigs and destroy the planet
    And I have no pity for people complaining about the cost of bread, you should eat brioche.
    Get real, Marie-Antoinette. People have a right to smoke if they want to, it's not your money they are spending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

People still buy their cigarettes in Ireland!??! :eek:

Doing it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes: lol

Advertisement