Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost tickets? (ticketmaster)

• 04-07-2011 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I bought 2 tickets for Janet Jackson tomorrow night on ticketmaster but I've lost them. I have proof of purchase and I'm going to ring ticketmaster in the morning but should I say that I lost them or that I didn't recieve them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Better to be honest and say you lost them. In my opinion, lying to companies to compensate your own fault is wrong.

There's a chance Ticketmaster know you received them, so better to be honest.

That said, I've never bought from Ticketmaster online, so don't know what their ticket system is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

call them with the ref number, tell them what happened and they can arrange replacement tickets to be collected at the box office. your original tickets will be cancelled then.
    i've had that problem before, and there was no problem with them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

call them with the ref number, tell them what happened and they can arrange replacement tickets to be collected at the box office. your original tickets will be cancelled then.

All correct (assuming they were bought online), except your original tickets won't be cancelled, which means that if you lost them and someone else decides to use them, the first pair of tickets scanned at the venue will be the only ones to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have heard of people being refused replacements on lost tickets, think it has come up in a few threads before. My sister was refused and had all the ref numbers etc.

If they are lost in the post they are definitely replaced, usually at the box office with CC as ID.
    Sinfonia wrote: »
    except your original tickets won't be cancelled, which means that if you lost them and someone else decides to use them, the first pair of tickets scanned at the venue will be the only ones to work.
    They are cancelled from what I hear, (if they are actual printed card tickets) this has come up before too. It is all barcodes now, if they are lost in the post you will go to the box office and get new ones. If the person who stole the tickets goes up first the barcode will detect them and they get refused and will not be able to show CC as proof of purchase.

I am not sure what happens with printout tickets, as you can not really claim you lost them. In this case people on ebay could possibly send multiples of the same printouts -and in this case the first people in are probably OK, and rest refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ticketmaster don't know if you receive them or not as they are sent in the regular post. Just ring up and say they never came. It's really not a big deal, they'll just tell you to collect at the box office. I've done it a few times before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

Pythia wrote: »
    Ticketmaster don't know if you receive them or not as they are sent in the regular post. Just ring up and say they never came. It's really not a big deal, they'll just tell you to collect at the box office. I've done it a few times before.

i think thats a bit late now

Advertisement