Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost tickets (ticketmaster)

Options
  • 04-07-2011 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I bought 2 tickets for Janet Jackson tomorrow night on ticketmaster but I've lost them. I have proof of purchase and I'm going to ring ticketmaster in the morning but should I say that I lost them or that I didn't recieve them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Didn't receive them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mannequin93

do you think thats okay though since I'll be calling on the morning of the event and you're meant to call them 2 days prior :S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

do you think thats okay though since I'll be calling on the morning of the event and you're meant to call them 2 days prior :S

Not you're fault nobody answered ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Hi Sorry to Bump an old thread but I have a similar problem, got tickets to the stone roses nad was over in my parents for dinner had them on the table but when I went to leave they weren't there.

Long story short my mum took rubbish off the table and threw it in the fire so appears my tickets have been burnt, would I be better telling ticketmaster this or just waiting til closer and pretending they didn't arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I'd personally go with the "I never got them" story, They'll probably just ask you for your ticket order number which you'll get on your ticketmaster account and then send fresh ones out to you, It's not like the can say no to that and they don't exactly have proof that people receive the tickets in the post, they could have easily gotten lost and no doubt it has happened legitimately in the past to someone else, On another note be prepared for a 15-20ish minute phone call since their hotline is way understaffed, or from my experience it is rather.. >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Just tell them the truth or that you lost them.
    In either case the old tickets will be cancelled and they'll issue you with new ones - As long as they were bought online/by credit card - By cash in shops or outlets are unfortunately untraceable so it's not possible to replace them.
    Do it asap as well. No point in waiting until the last minute and then complaining that they haven't arrived yet!!

Personally I always take a photo of my tickets - the details are all on the stub. Makes it easier to track them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Just tell them the truth or that you lost them.
    In either case the old tickets will be cancelled and they'll issue you with new ones - As long as they were bought online/by credit card - By cash in shops or outlets are unfortunately untraceable so it's not possible to replace them.
    Do it asap as well. No point in waiting until the last minute and then complaining that they haven't arrived yet!!

Personally I always take a photo of my tickets - the details are all on the stub. Makes it easier to track them down.

Decided to be honest and rang them and told them the story the guy said that they would duplicate them and leave them in the box office on the night, fairly sound of them. I think in future I'll book the e-tickets so I can just print them off the day of the event!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Decided to be honest and rang them and told them the story the guy said that they would duplicate them and leave them in the box office on the night, fairly sound of them. I think in future I'll book the e-tickets so I can just print them off the day of the event!

That's the job. They have no problem with replacing them but no doubt get fairly fed up of the 'Never got them' story. We've all either lost, misplaced or had tickets stolen. Shhhh happens, but at least they'll replace them.

Advertisement