Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO's????

Options
  • 05-07-2011 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Did anyone else see the four flying objects in the sky over Greystones tonight?
    I was approaching the "Jackie Skelly" roundabout on the way to Greystones at about 11.35 p.m. when 4 flying objects flew from south to North at about low plane height. They looked most like hot air balloons - powered by an orangey flame and what looked like a sail. I couldn't stop to look carefully and am wondering if anyone knows of a balloon flight scheduled????
    And apologies to the other drivers on the road for my bad driving!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Sounds exactly like Chinese lanterns. People should really need permission to let those out, imagine how confusing that is to a pilot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Could have been some Americans celebrating 4th July who let them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Could have been some Americans celebrating 4th July who let them off.
    I saw them and it was 4 Chinese lanterns. They came from jackie skelly area. Very pretty but very dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Sparks115 wrote: »
    Very pretty but very dangerous!

How? They start to descend when the flame goes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

pixbyjohn wrote: »

That's a bloody horrific story.
    Forget about cows - there are loads of animals about here - deer / sheep / pets. Not to mention fields / thatched roofs. Just a horrible way to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bearh72

I saw one of the lanterns the other night up on the Killincarraig road,the fire had gone out of it, so i'd say that's what was flying over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Goddamn Americans and their flying machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 charlie88

Simile wrote: »
    Did anyone else see the four flying objects in the sky over Greystones tonight?
    I was approaching the "Jackie Skelly" roundabout on the way to Greystones at about 11.35 p.m. when 4 flying objects flew from south to North at about low plane height. They looked most like hot air balloons - powered by an orangey flame and what looked like a sail. I couldn't stop to look carefully and am wondering if anyone knows of a balloon flight scheduled????
    And apologies to the other drivers on the road for my bad driving!

I saw one about 15 minutes ago coming from same direction....looked like the iss on fire to be honest....... area 51 in knockroe perhaps... a few spacers up there i tell yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

apparently there are multiple ufo sightings forecast for tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I think at this stage we can safely say that they are Chinese lanterns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement