Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woof!

Options
  • 05-07-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Is it a Letterkenny thing, or do morons everywhere bark at dogs? I have been looking after two spaniels for the past four weeks and they travel in the car with me every day, usually with their heads out of the window. I am amazed by the amount of people who 'bark' at them. One guy last week looked like he was in his forties, really old enough to know better. I haven't noticed girls doing it yet, just guys on a daily basis. I am finding it really bizare. Can anyone tell me why they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Could be worse. Imagine what noises you'd hear when people would see this

Ferrari_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Funny enough i got into an argument with two teenage guys because of this on Friday.. I was walking up the main street with my 7 year old boy & my pup & these two justin bieber wannabes & there girlfriends where following and barking and meeowing.. i ignored them & took my son into Pats Pizza & we were sitting on the bench outside eating our food & the lads started it again.. i told them to lip it.. & one of the little turds decided to answer back... well i went mad.. but the wee guy kept answering back as if i was in the wrong.. told me to grow up haha..hes the one barking & meeowing at a pup.. anyway rant over, but apart from that ive not had any bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Maybe they actually speak dog and are just saying hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It's all very possable that they are all Dog whisperers, maybe they were trying to do ya a good turn, Prob not though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

if you manage to collar one,give him a pat behind his head,and watch him flea,

• Advertisement

I Probaly overreacted but i was feeling a bit ruff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

This has happened to me too on several occasions, although I have always been safely inside my car. I ignore them, but my dog gives as good as she gets only with a viscious undertone which usually shocks them into silence. I hate it and would find it very threatening if not in the car.

Orion, how terrible for it to happen while you were walking with a child and puppy. I am sure that could be classed as harassment or verbal assault but cannot imagine LK Garda doing much about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

sorry meant to say Oran, not Orian..

annascott wrote: »
    sorry meant to say Oran, not Orian..
    No bother easy mistake :) yeah thats what it thought.. dont get me wrong i wasnt an angel when i was young but i would never cross the line of backchatting to someone who was just sitting there with there kid.. i came so close to going over to the boy im just glad i restrained myself in the end & it passed without incident ..but i can imagine other people could have been intimidated by it if they where in my shoes!

Advertisement