Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigrating/Thinking About it/Staying Here

Options
  • 05-07-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Didn't find a thread on this with a quick search I did so . . . what are you doing/have you done and are you going to emigrate for at least the short/medium term?

I studied law, just finished, seriously thinking of saving up to do a masters over in the U.K. with a view to getting a job over there.

Are you going to emigrate? 3 votes

Yes, to study
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, to work
    33% 1 vote
    No, definitely not
    33% 1 vote
    No, but not ruling it out
    33% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

If there was an "I don't want to, but may have to" option, that would be me.

I'm heading into final year in my undergrad in September, and have a H. Dip. to do for a year after that before I can progress to further post-grad study. After that I'd love to continue to a Ph.D. in Ireland, but without funding I wouldn't be anywhere near able to afford it. The difference between Irish post-grad fees and those in other Universities in Europe is massive, unfortunately.

Advertisement