Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injecting cupcakes with filling?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I've seen lots of recipes where you cut some of of the top and middle out of a cupcake and fill it, replace the top etc. but I don't like that method much.

Was thinking of the other methods like injecting it using a piping bag into the center of the cupcake, is the piping bag with a small nozzle the best option, has anyone tried a syringe or would that be too small?

Anyone some nice recipes for cupcakes that have a nice middle layer?

Also wht defines devil food cake, I was looking at a recipe for devils food cupcakes it uses sour cream but some recipes for devils food cakes don't so what is the genuine article?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

You can use the nozzle but put a connector thing on the bag if you have one otherwise when you push in the nozzle it gets pushed back up into the bag and the icing comes out around the sides of it, messy mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A hypodermic syringe would be too narrow, and would usually hold very little. Most pet shops will have bigger syringes with blunt thicker needles/pipettes, they are used for feeding small animals.

Some pharmacies might have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

I use an apple corer to remove some center of the cupcake and then just fill it out of a normal piping bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Similar to DreamC, I poke a hole in the top with a skewer and then just push the piping bag in, no crumbs in the bag/tip and no tops to be replaced. If you want to leave the top intact, you can peel away your cupcake case from the side just enough to do the same, it just pops back into place and the top is totally intact(sometimes the filling can erupt from the top like a little volcano :p)

Edit: this only works if your cupcakes are light and airy. If they are very dense then using an apple corer would work way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moley

It depends on your base, if you're doing a lighter sponge then there is no need to make a hole, just insert a large pastry tip in halfway and squeeze gently. If it's a denser cake your cupcake will crack, or explode depending on how much force you used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Advertisement