Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Mountain Rescue Team

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

My daughter and a friend got stranded on a ledge while coming down from Carrantwohill last weekend. When we heard the news we were first alarmed but quickly relieved when they told us that the Rescue Team was on the way. We were doubly reassured when contact was made with one of the rescue team who told us he could see them. It is hard to describe, unless one had a similar experience, how we felt when we heard this. He later contacted us to say they were safe and well and on way back to starting point. I am writing this to highlight once again the tremendous work these men and woman do on a voluntary basis. They truly deserve our support especially a financial donation to help meet the sum they have to raise to fund their operations. Again heartfelt thanks to all concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

I know quite a few members of the KMRT through Tralee Mountaineering Club and am sure they'll be delighted that their efforts are so appreciated.

It's a very tough, totally volunteer driven service requiring members to go into some of the most dangerous terrain, frequently in some of the worst weather to find and help those who have found themselves in peril and any and all suppport that can be given to it is always hugely appreciated.

The KMRT have a website - http://www.kerrymountainrescue.ie - where you can find news, find out more about the team & the callouts and most importantly leave a donation to help keep the service running. People can also support the nations mountain rescue teams by making a donation or purchase through www.mountainrescue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Since my post on 5th July I have heard of many rescues by the Kerry Mountain Rescue Team and as i write i learn on the radio of another rescue call out on Carrantoohill. The dedication and bravery of these volunteers are truly amazing. It would seem they must spend much of their weekends on the mountains bringing people to safety.

Advertisement