Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage up for renewal

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi

my mortgage is up for renewal in october 2011. i am just wondering what would my best options be. i am currently on a 3 year fixed. do i have to stay with my lender (aib) or can i shop around for the best option for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

ajp wrote: »
    hi

my mortgage is up for renewal in october 2011. i am just wondering what would my best options be. i am currently on a 3 year fixed. do i have to stay with my lender (aib) or can i shop around for the best option for me.

To shop around you would need to get another lender to buy out your current mortgage with AIB. Rare these days.

A mortgage renewal is not like insurance renewal. You have a contract with AIB for the full term of the mortgage. the renewal is just a change in terms of repayments (ie. fixed or variable)

If you can get a good fixed rate would be good to fixed for 3-4 years. Reason being is variable rates will go up over the next few years. The fixed rates are higher than variable but allows more certainty over the medium term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ajp

chris85

thanks for the info. will look into it with my bank so.

Advertisement