Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you Beko Fridge freezer?Please read.

Options
  • 05-07-2011 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭

There's been a number of fires in the UK regarding Beko fridge freezers.

The company are undertaking to replace a faulty defrost timer in affected models free of charge to eliminate danger.

You can check your model on www.beko.co.uk to see if its affected.

My exact model wasn't listed but they want to change the part anyway.You can enter your serial number to be sure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

saw this on bbc

this seems to have been happening for a while-yet i'm only hearing about it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

yeah theres been 20 fires they now believe are related to this.I only read about it this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i was under the impression from listening to news that fire brigade and beko have been aware of issue for a while

yet i don't recall hearing about it

surely it would be an urgent matter -20 fires:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The 20 fires were London alone

Not to worry,They're sending out letters in batches to affected people:rolleyes:

you can use it to fan the flames when the blaze starts

I'd say most people wouldnt even bother registering their unit with manufacturers so how many countless others are out there are oblivious.

Only heard it myself from a link on twitter to a scottish newspaper who were reporting it.

Advertisement