Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice

• 05-07-2011 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Ladies,

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. I gave birth to my son at the beginning of March and he is absolutely amazing. I had a great pregnancy with no morning sickness and a quick natural birth with no issues. I was out of work though from early pregnancy due to health and safety issues in the work place. From a few days after having my son i found i was immediately broody again. It doesnt seem as strong anymore though. I know i really want another one but not sure how long to wait. My husband says its up to me as he would like another one to. I am currently on maternity leave until October fully paid. The issue is that my job is not suitable for a parent at all as i work through the night etc. the plan was not to go back at all and to focus on a new career. Now my husband is saying that why not go back 2 nights a week, get pregnant and go on maternity again and after the second baby just dont go back, stay at home for a few years then focus back into a new career. I am not sure what to do tbh, i dont want my son to loose out but im not sure when is a good time. I dont know if i would cope with two lol. I am looking for some advice and to see if any parents out there have a close age gap with their children.

Thanks for reading xxxxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PrincessPixie

There's 15 months between my two and I experienced the exact same feelings as you, in fact I'm mad broody now, but can't really say if its feasible to have another.

I went back to work pregnant I had to tell them at 8 weeks and they were fine about it, but I did miss out on the juicy interesting work and speant most of my time reading the paper or pushing papers around.

It's hard work with two so close and in nappies together but it's brilliant to watch their budding friendship. You also need to consider things like prams and buggies as you'll now need two of everything, two high chairs, two cots, etc.

Nobody can tell you what's right for you, but I'd do the exact same way again in a heart beat.

Advertisement