Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed - Eircom Phonewatch (disabled)

Options
  • 05-07-2011 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi
    I am in real need of someones help I have a disabled Eircom Phonewatch alarm system (the really old one probably the first one).

It keeps trying to dial out all through the night and saying "phone call failure" how can I stop this from trying to dial out.

Your help is much needed on this (I need sleep)

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi
    I am in real need of someones help I have a disabled Eircom Phonewatch alarm system (the really old one probably the first one).

It keeps trying to dial out all through the night and saying "phone call failure" how can I stop this from trying to dial out.

Your help is much needed on this (I need sleep)

Al

Can you post a picture of the system you have installed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kavanelli75

I'm not at home but found this pic online and looks like this one

dsc01264c.jpg

Press program, enter your user code, press 71 then press reset.

Cheers Altor I will try this.

You will be a lifesaver if it works as it is starting to wake up my 2 year old

Cheers Altor I will try this.

You will be a lifesaver if it works as it is starting to wake up my 2 year old

Your welcome, if that is the system you have it will work. Any other problems let us know.

• Advertisement

I tried that but there is no option 7 it only goes to 5.

So when I type 7 nothing happens and follow it with 1 it start to read out the options again.

I have type the 71 and reset so I don't know if it has done it

here is a pic of my unit. the status light is flashing

5905828146_bbba5fe910_m.jpg

I tried that but there is no option 7 it only goes to 5.

So when I type 7 nothing happens and follow it with 1 it start to read out the options again.

I have type the 71 and reset so I don't know if it has done it

here is a pic of my unit. the status light is flashing

5905828146_bbba5fe910_m.jpg

It should work, are you sure you are entering the master user code ?

The code I am entering is the code I use too turn on the alarm is that the same code as the master code.

It worked thank you very much for you help on that.

Much appricated

Al

It worked thank you very much for you help on that.

Much appricated

Al

Thanks for getting back to us, glad to see it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 bullology

I have exactly the same unit but the robotic voice persists in saying "Phone Call Failure" every 5mins 24/7....
    I have taped the speaker up to muffle the sound and I have tried the Program/Admin Key/71/Reset suggestion a few times now but it does not work!!! Any other suggestions please Altor apart from gettin a sledge hammer!!!:)

bullology wrote: »
    I have exactly the same unit but the robotic voice persists in saying "Phone Call Failure" every 5mins 24/7....
    I have taped the speaker up to muffle the sound and I have tried the Program/Admin Key/71/Reset suggestion a few times now but it does not work!!! Any other suggestions please Altor apart from gettin a sledge hammer!!!:)

The sledge hammer sound like a good suggestion :D

This is an old system that is being replaced at the moment due to problems with the key press on the keypad. I would have to think you have the same problem also if the reset does not work.

Advertisement