Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photos

Options
  • 05-07-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Anyone know a good place to get passport photos taken in Galway?

I would go to one of the coin-operated booths but I'm afraid I won't take them properly and the photos will be sent back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anyone know a good place to get passport photos taken in Galway?

I would go to one of the coin-operated booths but I'm afraid I won't take them properly and the photos will be sent back!
    Got mine in Fahy Photo next to the Kings Head a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Boots!
    Cheapest place that I found. I checked one of the camera shops and it was 15 euro! I think Boots was 6 or 9 euro....:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Most chemists have this service, costs about €6-€10 for 4 photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Got mine at the booth at the entrance to Dunnes Terryland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The place beside the Galway Camera Shop and the hat shop is where I got mine. Forget how much they were but they came out quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i cringe anytime i look at my passport foto as if i look at it often, but there is no such thing as a good foto for a passport or driving licence. got mine done last year in oranmore chemist for less than 10e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Its been a few years since I got one done at Fahy Foto, but they had a 'view before we print' type machine, so you could see what you'd get first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

where ever you get them make sure they are suitable for passport if thats the case otherwise they will refuse them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

where ever you get them make sure they are suitable for passport if thats the case otherwise they will refuse them
    Thats why i used Fahy foto, they have the special camera which has the measurements done to the exact ones requested on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Like ben.schlomo I used Fahy Foto before and they actually had to take a few shots at the time. As I recall the US regulations contain things like "You can't be smiling" and thankfully the person I was dealing with was a great help so I would highly recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

We got passport photos taken for the kids today at that chemist at the top of shop street beside BTs, can't remember the name. You can view them before so can choose. We got six photos each of the 2 kids and the lot came to €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JesseCuster

That's great folks, thanks very much for all your replies:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That's great folks, thanks very much for all your replies:)

So where are you going to go? What will you wear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

Dunnes Terryland is decent enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Chemist beside monsoon is really good. €6.50 for 4 photos and they make sure you're happy with them before they print. The coin ones are a bit hit and miss, the exposure can be way off at times, which results in a rejected application :(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JesseCuster

snubbleste wrote: »
    So where are you going to go? What will you wear?

Ooh I will be wearing my Sunday best, I even got a haircut for the occasion.
    It can't look as bad as my last Passport photo anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

What, are we going to flash-mob JesseCuster, descend on whichever chemist is picked and take thousands of photos?

Advertisement