Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Perfect Highlights Kildare! Please help!!

• 05-07-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a decent hairdressers who can actually mange to do my hair properly!! Everytime I come out of the hairdressers I am so dissappointed as I am not getting anywhere near what I want!

Its either the highlights are too thick
    The wrong low light is used and my hair looks like straw
    or they dont do the colour close enough to my root that I hardly get 5weeks out of it and I look like I need to go again!

Ive tried haridresser in maynooth,sallins,Kilcock and Liffey Valley and so far no joy..

at this stage I'm nearly pulling my hair out :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Try Morgan Richards in Johnstown in Kildare. A friend has highlights done there and they always look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Deane hair Design in kildare town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hi OP,

Can I ask where you went in Sallins?

It's just I go to a hairdressers there, Occassions (Ciaran to be precise) and having tried loads of hairdressers, he really was the only one who was able to get my hair the way I wanted it. By the way my biggest gripe is roots and I am one fussy girl when it comes to hair!

One thing though, would the colour you're going for be too bright? Just saying as obviously your roots would show more if the colours aren't quite right?

If your hair is like straw, try flaxseed oil... you'll get it in the health food shops. Given i've a head full of highlights, I use it and it keeps my hair in good nick. Oh and I use Moroccan oil but the flaxseed is a hell of a lot cheaper! I put it in, pop on a shower cap and then sleep in it! Preeety shiny soft hair! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 royallily

Hi Loopie,

Yes it was occasions I went to and I was very unhappy here. The girls that did my hair didn't do it close enough to the root and when my hair was growing out I noticed that the blonde was even further away in other areas so they really messed it up. At the prices you pay for hair colour these days I expect to get what I want. Regarding the straw I meant the colour looks like straw not the texture. I also tried occasions in maynooth and they got a girl that was less than 2 weeks there to colour my hair and needless to say the end result showed how much experience she had.

At wits end here!!

Johnstown and Kildare town would be too far for me guys but thanks for mentioning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Silly_Sally

Hi Op,

For the last few months I have been getting my hi-lights done in Mandika. They have opened a new salon in toughers business park. The salon is fab and I'm really happy with the way they do my hair.

Hope This helps! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hi OP,

Can I ask whether you've ever gone back into the salons to complain about your hair? Generally any salon worth their salt will be willing to fix it for you. If my hair had ended up as yours did, I'd be asking politely to see a manager and take it from there.

I lose the rag if my hair isn't the way I want it, so I really do know how you feel. I always ask to have the head pulled off me when they're doing highlights, just so I know they're getting as close to the root as possible. Do you bring in pictures with you to show them clearly what you want?

Stylists have said to me in the past that they can't touch the scalp with the colour therefore there will always be a gap; true to a point - they don't go near your scalp with the dye but by pulling your hair tighter on the meche sheet, they should be able to get as close as possible to the root when painting on the colour.

I can't recommend anywhere else to you because I'm genuinely happy with how mine is done but I hope your search is not a lengthy one.

Good luck

Advertisement