Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Seat Opinions....again

• 05-07-2011 9:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

So our little one is 7 months old now and in the Maxi-Cosi with the ISOFIX base but my wife and I have found out we are expecting again....with twins. So its time to start thinking about a change in car to accommodate 3 car seats.

I have been looking at the Citroen Picasso as it has 3 separate seats in the back compared to the bench seat in most and they seem to be reasonable in price at the moment. We were looking to get another 2 ISOFIX bases but found out last night that you cannot really use the ISOFIX due to the footwells in the back having a storage space and so the leg could go through that in the event of a crash.

Just wondering what people's opinions on the Britax First Class Plus are, or is there a better car seat that would suit....or should I think about a different car altogether?

Thanks for the advice guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PrincessPixie

we use the Britax, it's great was rear facing up to the age of 15 months, then had to turn due to new arrival. Rear facing also meant we lost the front seat.

Unless you go with something bigger again like a Galaxy or a Rodius?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:)

I would definitely go for a 7 seater with 3 isofix points.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Just wondering what people's opinions on the Britax First Class Plus are, or is there a better car seat that would suit....or should I think about a different car altogether?

Thanks for the advice guys!

Congrats!!!

I have 2 of the britax first class plus for my 12 week old twins. Have no issues with them at all. Easy to install and boys are very comfortable in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Cheers for the responses guys, looks like we will be getting the Britax so :)

Thanks Moonbeam, we did look at a 7 seater, only concern we had was the reduced boot space and if we want to go anywhere as a family taking double or triple buggies or anything else we would loose out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think you will find it cramped and can't take an extra person in the car with you anywhere.
    You wouldn't put all the seats up at the same time unless you actually had 7 people in the car.
    We have a saloon and 2 car seats in the back,there is no room for another passenger and it is very cramped!

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I think you will find it cramped and can't take an extra person in the car with you anywhere.
    You wouldn't put all the seats up at the same time unless you actually had 7 people in the car.
    We have a saloon and 2 car seats in the back,there is no room for another passenger and it is very cramped!

Honestly we don't take too many passengers, so for the odd time that we would actually use the extra seats, don't know if its a huge benefit.

But then again that all might change when we start looking at the cars in detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭useless

Firstly, congratulations on the impending new arrivals! :D

Surely you can fit the 3 isofix bases in the Citroen? Just open the storage compartments & put the leg into that rather than on the flimsy lid on top of the compartments?

You're going to struggle to find a saloon/hatch/estate that'll take 3 car seats across the back... do a search on the Motors forum & you'll see you're not the first to have this problem!

useless wrote: »
    Firstly, congratulations on the impending new arrivals! :D

Surely you can fit the 3 isofix bases in the Citroen? Just open the storage compartments & put the leg into that rather than on the flimsy lid on top of the compartments?

You're going to struggle to find a saloon/hatch/estate that'll take 3 car seats across the back... do a search on the Motors forum & you'll see you're not the first to have this problem!

Cheers useless, did a search and Citroen was the one that popped up and they seem to be very reasonable at the moment second had. I'll do another google on the isofix and the compartments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

I'm not too sure if this is of any help, but a friend of mine is now in the situation where he's got an 8year old, a 3 year old and a week old baby.
    He bought a 08 ford mondeo which he says can accomodate the booster seat, car seat and additional car seat for the baby.

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    I'm not too sure if this is of any help, but a friend of mine is now in the situation where he's got an 8year old, a 3 year old and a week old baby.
    He bought a 08 ford mondeo which he says can accomodate the booster seat, car seat and additional car seat for the baby.

Cheers Robertd_07, I think that works fine as it would be 2 car seats and a booster, I'll have 3 baby seats as the little one will only just be 1 when the twins arrive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement