Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To take a year out or not??

• 05-07-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys,just wondering if you think it would be a good idea to take a year out,and sort out what I really want to do.I have languages literature and film(UL) as my first choice atm-it looks good but i'm not sure if i'm 100% eager to do it...I really wanted to do a performing arts course,but the applications for those closed in february or something,so I kinda missed out:P
    So yeah,should I take some time to figure out what I wanna do?Or is a year too long to wait??
    Thanks a mill!
    Soph :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

If you are having doubts about whether or not you're going to love this course, and you really need to love something to stick at it, then I'd take a year out. Make sure you come back though because it's so easy to leave it for just another year!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Better to take a year out and earn a bit of money then to drop out and end up paying full fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

As a word of warning
    I took a year out

Then another.. then another... and im now 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Max Power1 wrote: »
    As a word of warning
    I took a year out

Then another.. then another... and im now 24

You finished school at 21? buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bad_daze

Thanks guys,you're all really helpful!!Thing about me though is,I definitely definitely 100% want to go to college,I can't wait!And i'll feel lazy if I don't work or don't do a course or something in the year out too:PI just want to be sure i'm doing the right course,so i'm not wasting time.:)But a year seems like so much time to wait!!:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

not

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Remember, in many colleges you can do an Erasmus year in 3rd year and get to improve your language of choice that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

If your unsure then take a year out. Who cares if you end up taking 2 more? I went back to college at 23 and its the same as when I went at 18.

Even if you dont want to go then so what? college isnt for everyone. Some people are happy with a good job. Like I said no matter what you decide you can always go back.

Advertisement