Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB driving me mad with phone calls

Options
  • 05-07-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi David
    I moved out of a house last November and completely cleared my bills there beforehand. I didn't realise that it was down to me and not my landlady to change the name on the bill. She got a load of work done on the house and the electricity was in my name. This was fine as she paid it all up once it was pointed out to me by an ESB rep who rang me about the bill.

This was all fine except that there was a bit outstanding that must have come in on the following bill. What has happened since is nothing short of harassment. ESB rang me on a weekly basis, using a private number each time. I had to explain on a weekly basis that this was nothing to do with me. I got my ex-landlady to ring them to tell them that it was her that owed the money but they refused to talk to her.

I rang ESB and gave my full permission to discuss this with her. I didn't get any more phone calls for ages so I assumed it was all sorted but this morning I got yet another call, private number again ( which I find very underhand TBH). I just put the phone down on them once I knew who it was. I am sick and tired of it!

I could go on and on and on, because this is what is happening at the moment. It is very hard not to get abusive with the poor divils assigned the task of harassing customers.

Can you please tell me how to stop this behaviour from ESB? Also, how on earth did you guys get my number in the first place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi galwaybabe,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. It would be the responsibility of the account holder alright to close their account and clear anything outstanding (see here); I can see how there may have been complications/confusion here however.
    galwaybabe wrote:
    Also, how on earth did you guys get my number in the first place?

A contact number is a necessary requirement of setting up an account with us. Can you PM me the account details in question so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Thanks David. I have sent you PM.

Advertisement