Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiMax Availability in Killeens/Blarney Area

• 05-07-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is wimax in killeens in cork? I was told by my landlord that there was but as far as i know the only wimax provider is imagine (who dont have wimax in killeens).

Any advice for broadband in my area? anything faster then dsl?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Imagine is just one provider of WiMax technology, but their implementation of it is quite poor, and should be avoided if possible. There are others, as it's a technology that can be adopted by any company that wants to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

oh so no small local providers so like the cable provider in dungarvin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't know what's available in that area, but WiMax is not limited to just Imagine. There may not be any WiMax operator there though.

no i wasnt saying it was limited to, i was asking if they were the only providers around

Any views on dealing with vodafone? I think DSL is the only way im going to have to go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That area may be served by a reputable operator such as Nova Networks , I dunno if their 'Airmax' product is Fixed Wimax or an 802.11n product but they know what they are at.

Bloody landlords would say anything to get bums on seats in their empty houses nowadays :(

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Bloody landlords would say anything to get bums on seats in their empty houses nowadays :(

I know what you mean. When looking for houses all they say is 'has internet' when what type/speed of bb is extremely important to most people. Wish Ireland would catch up with the times and have a national bb project like the north did.

cool ill check them out thanks, any other providers in Blarney area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ricochet69 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. When looking for houses all they say is 'has internet'
    every house in Ireland 'has' internet , even if it is 9.6k Dialup. Tell the **** to connect it up himself and transfer the contract to you the next time you move. :(

There is Airwire http://www.airwave.ie/coverage.html . Cork has a number of WISPs

Advertisement