Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner: New Bike, New Outlook

• 05-07-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

So i bought a Felt Z100 yesterday, a bit of a impulse buy but i needed something new to do to take my mind off a few things. I'll take a pic of the bike at some stage and put it on. TBH its nothing special but will do the job.

Gona combine cycling with the gym so wont be out everyday but hopefully 2 or 3 times a week. Not sure that anyone will care about this but il keep a track of what i do/see here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

So heres what i did yesterday

165909.JPG

Distance: 17.8 km
    Elevation: + 281 / - 279 m
    Max Grade 14.1 %
    Avg. Grade -0.0 %

A nice handy run with my brother. Almost totally flat. Going to try something a bit more challenging tonight, a few more hills and and a few extra km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Sundy - I'm fairly new to this too but you'd be suprised how much these logs get read. Some are really full of detail - mine is just a personal log of what I did when - but the comments can be helpful.
    I wouldn't class myself as a cyclist - more of a 'bloke who owns a bike and potters about on it a bit'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Sundy - I'm fairly new to this too but you'd be suprised how much these logs get read. Some are really full of detail - mine is just a personal log of what I did when - but the comments can be helpful.
    I wouldn't class myself as a cyclist - more of a 'bloke who owns a bike and potters about on it a bit'

echo this, there's not to many comments made but you'll see the thanks from many people on different posts showing how much stuff gets read. I read quite a few of them, lots of route ideas and general good info to be found :)

So went out on the bike after work to try something with a few more hills. Didnt get too far because as soon as i start to ascent the chain kept slipping on the rear gear.
    Noticed as well that sometimes to change gear i have to push the lever twice.

Is this a back to the stop situation?

Help appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Sundy wrote: »
    So went out on the bike after work to try something with a few more hills. Didnt get too far because as soon as i start to ascent the chain kept slipping on the rear gear.
    Noticed as well that sometimes to change gear i have to push the lever twice.

Is this a back to the stop situation?

Help appreciated!

sounds like the rear derailleur needs a tweak. If there is a shop close and you're not sure what you're doing I'd drop in and get them to adjust it or you could search google or youtube for ideas and give it a go

• Advertisement

Going back to the shop today (wheelworxs) to get the gears sorted. The gears are slipping constantly and clicking when cycling on the middle gear on the front.

Have been talking to loads of people who want to get into road cycling. Seems to be a bit of a craze at the moment.

also had first rugby pre-season last night. Legs are like jelly. Hopefully the bike and i will be sorted and ready for a nice cycle tomorrow.

So after only really doing shirt runs and a repeat of the first one last night.

Really nasty hill at the end, i really failed to get a rhythm so looks like il have to practice it a few more times.

166925.JPG

Advertisement