Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneers fees

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there

was wondering what auctioneers are presently charging to sell land , i inherited a farm over a hundred miles from where i live and was hoping to sell it , ive asked one auctioneer already and he quoted me 1 % + vat + advertising costs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

irishh_bob wrote: »
    hi there

was wondering what auctioneers are presently charging to sell land , i inherited a farm over a hundred miles from where i live and was hoping to sell it , ive asked one auctioneer already and he quoted me 1 % + vat + advertising costs

Yes that's about right but some charge 1.5 %

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Aprilmay wrote: »
    Yes that's about right but some charge 1.5 %

so a half of one percent would be pretty unheard of

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

irishh_bob wrote: »
    so a half of one percent would be pretty unheard of

I've never heard of anyone only charging .5% - 1% is cheap but most I checked with and we are selling a home at the moment charge 1.5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Major difference between a house and land though - a house being an unsaleable item at the moment whereas land (in general) is selling

Shop around is the only thing to do

Advertisement