Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freudian slippers and bosco boy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Then PM Freudian Slippers about the issue, this isn't for the DRP process.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There was a lot of back and forth banter in this thread which was probably more suited to After Hours than Legal Discussion in the first place.

I decided the best course of action was to close the thread. Honeyvale reported the said post and I felt that the issue was sufficiently considered. However, Bosco boy was duly warned to tone it down via PM in regards to the above post.

I feel this is a sufficient outcome in the circumstances. I see no "allegations".

I should also say that there have been a rash of new posters recently who are seemingly unable to separate the fact that certain posters have professions outside of posting on boards.ie

This is one of many complaints recently as against a poster who may or may not be a member of An Garda Síochána who is not posting in their capacity as same.
    Just as with all posters on here who are not on official accounts, they are posting as private individuals and their profession outside of boards.ie is irrelevant bar exceptional circumstances.
    This is simply not one of those circumstances. More weight is being placed by Honeyvale than is necessary.

I should also state for the record that I am not a member of AGS or any other State defence body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 honeyvale

they are posting as private individuals and their profession outside of boards.ie is irrelevant bar exceptional circumstances.
    This is simply not one of those circumstances. More weight is being placed by Honeyvale than is necessary.

Do not agree. a garda should not be allowed to make allegations against a person on a public forum. perhaps you should have a rule to that affect. wjhat is an exceptional circumstance bb made an accusation and attacked the poster rather than the post

Again, he is not posting in his capacity as a member of AGS while posting on the forum. He never once said that he was making a statement as such and further no "allegations" were made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 honeyvale

Again, he is not posting in his capacity as a member of AGS while posting on the forum. He never once said that he was making a statement as such and further no "allegations" were made.
    he said i had likely been in trouble with garda cos of my attitude. that is totally untrue. i do not buy this not posting as a garda, it is a disgraceful way for a garda to behave in public. if he broke a window would it be ok cos he did not break in his capacity...

What? That post makes no sense to me whatsoever. If a member of AGS breaks a window while acting in their official capacity (unlawfully) then they are subject to disciplinary proceedings internally as well as externally in their personal capacity.

If they do it off duty out of their professional capacity then they are liable in the same way as every other person would be...

Are you representing your profession posting on boards right now?

I suppose I should bump this so that honeyvale can get some closure on the matter. My position remains unchanged.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Have sent a PM to all 3 Soc CMods making them aware of this thread due to the length of time this has been awaiting resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

OK - personally I have to go with what's been said already. There's no special issue here, a poster is a poster unless they're posting in some sort of official capacity.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement