Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Home Needed for my Pet Rats

• 05-07-2011 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to rehome my two white male rats and have come here to see if anyone would like to take them.

I live in the Limerick suburbs on the Northside. My rats are in excellent health, and come with a cage, bedding, food and water bottle. They are both very friendly and curious and are used to being handled.

If anyone is interested, please message me here! =)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I'd also put up a post on the Irish Rat Club Forum, there is a rehoming section there. :)

Any chance of some pics? :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

So tempting, we were only discussing the other day whether we would get pet rats again or not. Hmm, will have to talk to the OH on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Also see if Limerick animal welfare will put a photo and an appeal for a home up on their website and facebook page so you can get more views.
    Just be careful because some people will take on rats to be used as reptile food so make sure you check out the home first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

A friend of mine might be interested, and it'd be an excellent home. :)

If you are stuck OP let me know; I work with Limerick Animal Welfare and would be willing to foster them until I find a home for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ithiliendude

Sorry for the ate reply everybody! I've been away from my computer for a while... =D

I'm so glad to see that there's so much interest! That is, if people are still interested after a fortnight of absence! I'll post a link to my photo album of the little critters on Facebook, but if that link doesn't work, I'll upload them somewhere else =)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1753740236093&set=a.1753739676079.2088104.1016544830&type=1&theater

I'll certainly PM all ye here who are genuinely interested in taking them =D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 edditude

Did someone take the rats ?

Im interested in them, I have been thinking about getting some pet rats for quite some time.

I saw the link to facebook, can I contact you through that ?

Oh, could you tell me how old they are ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ithiliendude

edditude wrote: »
    Did someone take the rats ?

Im interested in them, I have been thinking about getting some pet rats for quite some time.

I saw the link to facebook, can I contact you through that ?

Nobody's taken them yet, so they're free for you if you're still interested! Contacting my via Facebook is all good in the hood =)
    edditude wrote: »
    Oh, could you tell me how old they are ?

I got them from a girl and I was just fostering them until I could find a better home. I don't know how old they are, but they're in good health and have a cage, water bottle, food bowls, bedding and food =D

Hey,
    Thats great, I contacted you through FB.

Maybe we can arrange to meet sometime.

Im living in the city so it shouldnt be a problem.

thanks.

Advertisement