Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Luxury of Time Travel.

• 05-07-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭

Shot a roll of 120 in December and then promptly forgot about it. Unearthed it from the fridge the other day and processed it. I sometimes love those unintentional delays inherent in film shooting. It's like a very immediate leap backward in time when they come out of the tank. When I took these Lara was barely 5 months old and was just getting the crawling together. Her first birthday is today :D

5902722306_42ae57542c_z.jpg

5902156339_c1d10525a3_z.jpg

5902714450_9e418b434d_z.jpg

(these are on the random photo thread as well, so apologies to people who are catching up on them for the second time)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Lovely shots, makes me want to shoot film even more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Beautiful colours and amazing depth. Love a photo when it looks like you can reach into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Really nice, what film?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

these would look much better if taken on expired 64t...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

That second one is epic, so much depth its crazy. i dont think a 5dmk2 with a 50mm 1.2 could achieve that kind of beautiful result. Great work, this is what I love to see getting posted up here, just amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Thanks all. They were all taken with the 80mm f/2.8 probably shot wide open which accounts for that characteristic, almost 3D like, MF depth. The Bronica lenses don't have that mythical zeiss look that the Hassie standard lenses do, but they hold their own.

Really nice, what film?
    All taken on Kodak portra 800
    these would look much better if taken on expired 64t...
    :D If only a source existed somewhere for such a maddeningly elusive emulsion !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Daire your talent with film always make me want to take up film photography in a more serious way than messing around with a Diana Mini & Holga. These are beautiful shots, what camera were you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Very nice Pops, easily some of your nicest casual portraits yet. Fantastically detailed and they have a lovely warmth to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭NooSixty

Absolutely fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Brilliant Daire - as someone who is so ridiculously kack handed when it comes to working with film, developing and printing, that i tend to get angry and give up i can only sit back and admire the work that people who use film on a regular basis.

• Advertisement

*eadaoin wrote: »
    These are beautiful shots, what camera were you using?

That's the most irrelevant bit :-)

But for the record, it's a Bronica SQAi, 6x6 format. These were all probably taken with the 80mm f/2.8 S, it's the standard normal focal length for a 6x6 format system. Shot on Portra 800 which can be nicely grainy on 35mm, it's lovely on 120.

You'd get a similar look to them though shooting any MF system with a reasonably wide aperture. This following is shot on a Yashicamat TLR for example ...

1130493862_1e201b0aa9_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

cant...stop...looking.........can't...stop....wanting...

pete4130 wrote: »
    cant...stop...looking.........can't...stop....wanting...

The pancakes ?? The camera ???!? MY WIFE ??? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

looks like you're going to have to choose which to give up.

The pancakes ?? The camera ???!? MY WIFE ??? :eek:

I'd take a Bronny over any woman right now! Square format eludes me!!! There is a Y124 for about AU$350 (maybe $550??) near my place.

I guess I'll have to be happy that this arrived today....

5915468838_746f47eddd_z.jpg

I'd take a Bronny over any woman right now! Square format eludes me!!! There is a Y124 for about AU$350 (maybe $550??) near my place.

I guess I'll have to be happy that this arrived today....

Sweeeet :)
    I actually never realised just how small that camera is, funnily enough this thread popped up on photo.net yesterday ...

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00Z0VL
    With the following picture...
    [00Z0VL-377485584.jpg

Mannn that 110 is tiny :-) Even the pen-f looks huge compared to it.

There is a transparent version of the 110....I really want that...and apparantly there is a pentax 110 SUPER that had a 24-70 (or 28-70) 2.8 lens!?!?!?!? nigh on impossible to find, let along buy!

My 110 arrived today but I'm working up in Queensland until Tuesday so NooSixty has the pleasure of playing with it (and a keyring micro 110 as well that came with it) until I get back. Got 20 rolls of film ordered and on the way too.

The 110 might be my new Voyeur camera.

There is a transparent version of the 110
    i sense a problem with this camera.

There is a transparent version of the 110....I really want that...and apparantly there is a pentax 110 SUPER that had a 24-70 (or 28-70) 2.8 lens!?!?!?!? nigh on impossible to find, let along buy!

My 110 arrived today but I'm working up in Queensland until Tuesday so NooSixty has the pleasure of playing with it (and a keyring micro 110 as well that came with it) until I get back. Got 20 rolls of film ordered and on the way too.

The 110 might be my new Voyeur camera.

I get no such satisfaction unless I can find that one shop that sells the film for it :(

NooSixty wrote: »
    I get no such satisfaction unless I can find that one shop that sells the film for it :(

I have a spotmatic at home that I often play with even when there isn't any film in it. I like the shutter button action and the mirror noise and the half broken non-returny film advance. I go around the house and pretend to take pictures of my kids.
    Maybe I've said too much.

• Advertisement

^^^^

I love it. I do the same with my F100 with no film. The film advance motor sounds and feels sexual. The hum of film advancing is amazing when it is loaded.

I just need to decide what my next camera is AFTER my SQ...I almost got a Pentacon SIX TL the other week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Feck it... since ye are all drooling so much...

50mm for the RZ67 - On the way to Daddy - should be here Monday.

rz50mmuld.jpg

I have a spotmatic at home that I often play with even when there isn't any film in it. I like the shutter button action and the mirror noise and the half broken non-returny film advance. I go around the house and pretend to take pictures of my kids.
    Maybe I've said too much.

I know how my weekend will be spent now.....

NooSixty wrote: »
    I know how my weekend will be spent now.....

Wouldn't it be expensive to fly all the way to Dublin to chase my kids around my apartment with my spotmatic ? And not even get any shots out of it :confused: Some people :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be expensive to fly all the way to Dublin to chase my kids around my apartment with my spotmatic ? And not even get any shots out of it :confused: Some people :rolleyes:

Hmmm come to think of it, it probably would be slightly more cost effective to just chase my sisters kids around with the Pentax..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I won't go so far as to say I hate you Pete but you're definitely out of the good books for the moment! You didn't do anything wrong as such, some might say you even did a great thing buying a Pentax. But..... I've been meaning to buy one of those for absolutely ages and right now you've made me super envious. I fell for it a long time ago but keep finding poor examples or getting side tracked by something else and then forgetting about it.

Right. Next pay cheque I'm going looking for one too. I have 2 x ME Supers, the K100D Super and had the K-7. The auto 110 is next on the list!

Advertisement