Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1mb broadband??

Options
  • 05-07-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I signed up to ngb 8 mb broadband and was told wouldnt be switched over from vodafone until the ngb was here, my phone line is now with eircom but my broadband is not even running 1mb? Can you tell me why this is? And also when I signed up I showed the modem I have to the salesmn and told him it kept dropping the line and could I have a different one, alas I got sent out the exact same one, surely there has been new ones made in the last 2 years?
    1mb broadband is not what I signed up for :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I signed up to ngb 8 mb broadband and was told wouldnt be switched over from vodafone until the ngb was here, my phone line is now with eircom but my broadband is not even running 1mb? Can you tell me why this is? And also when I signed up I showed the modem I have to the salesmn and told him it kept dropping the line and could I have a different one, alas I got sent out the exact same one, surely there has been new ones made in the last 2 years?

Hi jellybaby21,

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi jellybaby21,

You put on the standard 1MB Home starter package when you transfered back to eircom. Apologies if this was a mistake. I see the Newtownmountkennedy exchange is NGB ready.

So you can request the change to NGB directly at:

http://www.nextgenerationbroadband.ie/

Or by calling on 1800 503 303.

The order should complete in 24/48 hours.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Mark I never signed up for 1mb broadband, I see there that my exchange is ngb ready, so will I be getting the 8mb ngb I was promised in the next 24-48 hours?

The sales rep never said I would be on 1mb, if I had known this I would of never of switched over. :mad:

Mark I never signed up for 1mb broadband, I see there that my exchange is ngb ready, so will I be getting the 8mb ngb I was promised in the next 24-48 hours?

The sales rep never said I would be on 1mb, if I had known this I would of never of switched over. :mad:

Hi jellybaby21,

I am sorry the correct order was not issued, I can confirm the NGB order is being issued and the order should be fully completed in 24 hours.

Get back onto me if you have any follow up issues.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Thanks Mark for your help, it seems I was signed up to the wrong package even though I have a copy of what I signed which was 8mb ngb, was told next 24 hours and I will be on what I should of been.

Human error occured I suppose,these things happen

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark for your help, it seems I was signed up to the wrong package even though I have a copy of what I signed which was 8mb ngb, was told next 24 hours and I will be on what I should of been.

Human error occured I suppose,these things happen

Hi jellybaby21,

That seems to have the case alright, apologies again for the mistake. I will track the upgrade order to make sure everything goes ok.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement