Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from UCD

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

grey99 wrote: »
    Yes they are the last.

I took a year out. Apparently you can only resit the first semester after you fail. Otherwise I would resit. The course isn't offered in Semester 1 so I can't 'repeat' either. I want to get everything done in one term.

I see. Well, that has me stumped and I can't find anything online about it. I think your best bet will be to talk to the Programme Office and/or Fees Office.

ucd11 wrote: »
    Just one last question, which is probably a stupid one, but just to make sure,
    you can't be re-registered to modules that you've already passed?

No, you can't redo modules you have already passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yes they are the last.

I took a year out. Apparently you can only resit the first semester after you fail. Otherwise I would resit. The course isn't offered in Semester 1 so I can't 'repeat' either. I want to get everything done in one term.

What exactly does "they are the last" mean? It makes no sense to me. *Edit: Just saw that you quoted more than my post. Makes sense now.*

Anyway like in every other situation on here, always ask your programme office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yes they are the last.

The reason they don't allow resits after a year out is extremely solid, courses change from year to year, based on lecturers changing, focusing differently in some ca, or topical changes in some cases. Resitting in an exam that wasn't written for the same course of lectures you took would be nuts.

Since your problem is that you want to substitute so you can be done sooner, rather than needing to substitute because you can't repeat, I don't see you getting a break. But you should contact the programme office anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 grey99

Raphael wrote: »
    Since your problem is that you want to substitute so you can be done sooner, rather than needing to substitute because you can't repeat, I don't see you getting a break. But you should contact the programme office anyways.

But that is why I am substituting. The courses aren't offered in Sem 1 or 2.

Ah, you only mentioned that it wasn't offered in Semester 1. The next thing that's important is why you took a year out, if there was a good reason then something might be arrangable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

It seems the reg fee does not have to be paid. horray!

Repeats and resits

If you are only taking repeats/resits, you only pay €230 per repeat/resit
    There is no registration fee – in 2010/11 it was €750 per semester
    Examples
    In semester 1 you are taking three repeats and two resits
    This is a total of 5 repeats/resits
    Total charges
    5 x €230 repeat/resit charge = €1150
    Student Centre Levy = € 78
    Total due = €1228

See here (down near the bottom)

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/newfees.html

Hm, I'm torn between being happy they finally instituted a policy that reasonable around people taking time to just repeat, and wanting to murder someone because they made me pay the full reg fee for my one semester of repeats 2 years ago.

Think I'll stick with happy, for my blood pressures sake. Now they just need to introduce a pricing difference between resits and repeats, and it'll be almost perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

whats the story if you have to repeat one in order to progress to stage 2 whilst also doing modules for stage 2 in sept even though not officially in stage 2 till after xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ucd11

BX 19 wrote: »
    It seems the reg fee does not have to be paid. horray!

See here (down near the bottom)

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/newfees.html

I just checked my fees tab on SIS and the student contribution charge of €2666.60 is there?

Advertisement