Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New marketing ideas for website.....

Options
  • 05-07-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭

Basically my cousin started his own website last year : mycarservice.ie. It allows visitors to check out the full price of a car service and the best offers in their locality etc. Anyway, he started a new job over the last few months and hasn't had the required time to keep the website marketed. So, I said I'd give him a hand but I was looking for novel ways of getting it out there to the wider public, all within in the law of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Well I'd make it work in FireFox first.

Then you need to work on the frontend's UI, copywriting, SEO, social media marketing and other remarketing stategies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

How much can you afford to pay per lead? I'm sure you could just get an affiliate or reasonable size to blow that out. Its a fairly easy conversion (apart from it not having the southside of cork city on it;))

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

I think the location is too specific.
    As a user I don't mind putting in my car details etc. but havingt to narrow the search location to a few locations is a little inane. Would prefer a listings approach to the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

There is a lot you can do, but you need to work out your target market.

Some of the best for a website such as this could be old school traditional marketing:

1. Get some radio time
    2. Do a leaflet drop
    3. Forum posting such as on boards.ie
    4. Youtube video about your company sent to all your friends.
    5. Vista print car magnets stuck to all your friends cars. (I think about Eur15 a pop)

<SNIP: Contact details removed>

Advertisement