Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining Two Rooms - New Kitchen/Utility Room

Options
  • 05-07-2011 2:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm going for a second viewing of gaff this weekend with a view to making a bid.

What I really need is a rough guideline on the costs of what I know needs to be done. Basically I want to knock down the wall (or create as large an opening as possible) between the kitchen and the lounge/diner in the floorplan below. The new kitchen is to remain where the current kitchen is (already plumbed).

groundfloor1.gif

The existing kitchen and playroom are a single story extention/converted garage, which I'm guessing makes the wall between the kitchen and the room we want to make into one - load bearing. i.e. The wall between them looks essentially be one of the four walls of the house.

Kitchen doesn't have to be top of the range at all. Just new, and maybe with an integrated dishwasher.

Any thoughts at all of costs in the current climate would be fantastic, or indeed on how much of an opening between the rooms is feasible given the setup. :)

Cheers.

Advertisement