Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseeker's Benefit

• 05-07-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I've been claiming J.B. since the 9th of May 2011. I went for a means test for Jobseeker's Allowance but still have not heard anything from the office. Is this normal? I'm currently trying to live on €120 a week and I can't do it for much longer. As well as this, my Rent Allowance is being processed.

I don't understand why I have to wait so long. I gave them everything required. Some people have told me that they didn't even have to wait for theirs to come through. Can someone help me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Goingdeaf wrote: »
    Hi, I've been claiming J.B. since the 9th of May 2011. I went for a means test for Jobseeker's Allowance but still have not heard anything from the office. Is this normal? I'm currently trying to live on €120 a week and I can't do it for much longer. As well as this, my Rent Allowance is being processed.

I don't understand why I have to wait so long. I gave them everything required. Some people have told me that they didn't even have to wait for theirs to come through. Can someone help me please?

I'm assuming you were receiving JSB for 12 months until 9th May 2011 and have now applied for JSA?

There is a backlog of applications at a lot of SW offices nationwide - for instance Navan Road SWO is about 2 months waiting time for JSA applications.
    Your local CWO at the health centre will process a SWA payment for you (with you giving them bank statements and whatever else is necessary) payable at post office in the meantime until your application is passed. The top amount from the CWO is €186 pw for a single person over any age restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Goingdeaf

Thanks for your response. Nope though. I applied for the first time on the 9th of May this year, and I was offered a chance at JSA, but still have received no information on it, even thou I went for the means test already.

I am in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I waited 3months in Cork at the beginning of the year. :(

And i know lots more who waited the same.

They did tell me though that you can go to your local community welfare officer and they will give you money per week but no back payment.

Advertisement