Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurolites

• 05-07-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi

I have just purchased a set of eurolites beam benders.

I'm thinking I'll need to add them to my LHD import to pass a DOE test.

Anyone any expierience or advice on fitting them.

My MH isn't on the list of vehicles that comes with the eurolites so there
    is no specific diagram for mine, just a general one.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi

I have just purchased a set of eurolites beam benders.

I'm thinking I'll need to add them to my LHD import to pass a DOE test.

Anyone any expierience or advice on fitting them.

My MH isn't on the list of vehicles that comes with the eurolites so there
    is no specific diagram for mine, just a general one.

Cheers

A bit more info please. Make, model and year of base van would help.

Generally the lenses of the light had marks that should be similar if not exact to the benders.

Check out www.motoring-into-europe.co.uk/fitting-eu.html for fitting guide for eurolites also on lhd vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I always find I need to use my Beam Setter to fit them accurately .

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Sorry yeah its a 1999 Fiat Ducato 2.8 i.d.t.d Euramobil 585KB

Its not on the list so have to use the general guide.

I think I will follow Aidans advice and use the Headlamp aligning tool.

My brother inlaw is a mechanic so can ask him todo it.

Was just looking for general tips?

The instruction sheet that comes with them has a diagram with an A section and B section. So Think you need to prevent the A section from having to much light as this is the area that illuminates the driver side of the road - opposite side in my case and causing glare to other drivers.

Does anyone know how accurate it would have to be? Or can you peel them off easy enough and reapply?

I know they use them on imports to pass the MOT in England so thinking down the line and if I need them for DOE next year/this year depending on tax centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I've fitted loads , and they've always passed... and I'm no genius . They will look to be in a weird place when you fit them though! Remember the light that shines out the front is actually reflected off the back of the lamp . On a 1998 , you have "frosted" type glass , there is a particular section on the bottom , that is almost triangular , that's where you normally apply the BBs.

Advertisement