Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help finding props in Galway

Options
  • 05-07-2011 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, I'm working on a TV show being shoot in Galway at the minute and im having some trouble finding some of the props.
    I was wondering if anyone had any idea where you might find some of these items locally and most importantly cheap:

Pair of Bunny Slippers (Big enough to fit a teenager)
    A Ghetto Blaster
    DJ Decks and Speakers
    Fake Lion Paw

Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you check around the curiosity shops?
    DJ decks and speakers can be hired but probably not cheap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lolly89

Have checked a few of the second hand shop, but no luck yet.
    Where about would i hire DJ decks from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Ghetto Blaster and a Lion Paw? This show has caught my interest now...

Actually, I did a video gig 2 years ago in Leisureland and the young DJ there gave me his card. Maybe you could get in touch with him and see if he has equipment that he'll rent out? Have to find that card now....

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Contact DramSoc & DJ Soc in NUIG..

• Advertisement

Thanks for advice Miss Moppet. I'll give that a try.

Found that DJ's card as well so I'll PM you the details.

For the lion's paw; how fake is "fake"? Could you buy a lion teddy and take the paw from that?

Thanks for the PM, Average-Ro.
    For the lion's paw, we're looking for something pretty realistic but we may have to get a stuffed lion as you said and using the paw from that but it would need to be a large sized stuffed lion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Try the lovely folk at Props & Vintage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

Town Hall Theatre might have a few contacts if you went in and asked them? I'm sure you could borrow one or two of what they have also as they have hapes of props backstage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think that the Front Door has a lions paw, but it may well still be attached to the rest of the lion!!!

You might get a fake in one of the joke shops, or try in An Gallerai beag on Flood Street.

What's that big shop next to HMV called; Treasure Chest? Would they have bunny slippers?

Advertisement