Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ragdoll Kittens dublin?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

cifzz wrote: »
    and to help you out here's a summary

Firstly you're right puppy/kitten farmers don't see their animals as pets, they see them as cash machines and breed wholesale to make as much cash as possible. They are illegal as they don't care for animals, they abuse them therefore the ISPCA as well as worldwide SPCA's are dedicated in closing them down.

Breeders are registered with the GCCFI and official cat clubs, they do it becuase they love the breed and want to keep the breed going well into future generations.

They don't always have kittens/pups available because they are in it for the animals and their health and well being comes first. They are very fussy as to who gets to have their babies because they want to ensure they are well cared for and know they understand that a puppy/kitten is for life

Sorry, but they're not illegal unfortunately.

The breeders that you are describing sound like ethical, reputable breeders, as long as they keep hold of their breeding cats for their whole lives. However, someone who gets rid of their cats, no matter how it is couched in nice words like rehomed, is breeding purely for money, so they are farming the cats.

I don't see how the breeders mentioned in previous posts could be regarded as reputable, as I doubt very much that they would be willing to take any kittens back if the new owner couldn't keep hold of them, due to the stress etc of having so many cats in one house, as has been pointed out.

If you breed a companion animal, then you should be responsible for that animal for the rest of its life, and if you are unable to be, then you shouldn't breed in the first place.

Puppy farmers don't all keep their animals in huge big, dirty sheds, but it doesn't mean they're not a farmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

ISDW wrote: »
    Sorry, but they're not illegal unfortunately.

The breeders that you are describing sound like ethical, reputable breeders, as long as they keep hold of their breeding cats for their whole lives. Even if it causes health issues for some of the cats?
    However, someone who gets rid of their cats, no matter how it is couched in nice words like rehomed, is breeding purely for money, so they are farming the cats. Rehomed for no money and rehomed for the price of a kitten are very different.

I don't see how the breeders mentioned in previous posts could be regarded as reputable, as I doubt very much that they would be willing to take any kittens back if the new owner couldn't keep hold of them, due to the stress etc of having so many cats in one house, as has been pointed out.] Reputable breeders will have a clause in their contract stating they will take back any kitten/cat that they have bred, at any time or will offer advice in what to do.They wouldnt home a kitten to a house full of cats if they felt it wasnt in the best interest of the kitten.

If you breed a companion animal, then you should be responsible for that animal for the rest of its life, and if you are unable to be, then you shouldn't breed in the first place. Absolutely and sometimes this means making hard decisions for the health of the pet you have bred. reagrdless of parents or environment not all from a litter will be the same and have the same needs so its up to the breeder to deterine if a kitten ill be happier in a one cat household or a multicat household, this is obvious from early days. So the responsible thing to do is home a kitten accordingly. Likewise an adut cat that has been neutered, some change with what they are comfortable with and the responsibility comes down to the breeder to decide to either keep that cat in a situation that they are not happy in or find a home that they will be comfortable in.

Puppy farmers don't all keep their animals in huge big, dirty sheds, but it doesn't mean they're not a farmer.

I cant believe that animal lovers would prefer to see pets kept in a position that they are not happy in rather that see them rehomed...
    Issues with highlighting the quote! sorry, my answers are within the quote.

Advertisement