Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Problem with security!!!

Options
  • 05-07-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm having a problem lately where my laptop when connected to a secure wifi network slows down immeasurably.

I have to refresh pages 5 or more times, different windows appear e.g. page cannot be found, server problem or dns problem.

The connection i have at home is open and that works perfectly fine for me. It is really frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Its not a security problem.

Most likely

1. You dont have a good enough signal, too far away, metal obstruction between you and the router or other such problem.

or

2. Other wireless networks in the area are interfering with the signal due to channel crossover. This is probably it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mikesvr6

Works the same when sat right beside the router.

Another laptop(running windows 7 as well) has no problem loading pages, it happens at three different houses ive been to with secure networks!

Thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

you need to update your wireless adaptor drivers.

Advertisement