Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New frying pan

Options
  • 05-07-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to replace my frying pan and have been looking at this
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.201-7452.aspx

This 26cm stainless steel frying pan has a copper encapsulated base and solid cast stainless steel handles. It has a Teflon, non-stick coating and is suitable for all hobs except induction.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    CP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

I have one of those. I bought it three years ago and it's still in constant use. It has never been in the dishwasher and I've only ever used rubber, wood and plastic tools with it. Despite that the non-stick coating stopped working after about two years.

I now have a very cheap non-stick pan that works well for things like fried eggs and I keep my heavy pan for stir-fries, and wetter dishes.

If you're planning on spending money for its non-stick qualities then I think a succession of cheap pans is probably better. If you want something robust as a pan for all sorts of things, then this is pretty good.

And if someone out there knows how to restore the non-stick qualities then I would love to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

If you use a frying pan a lot (I use one literally every day) you are better off spending a little bit more and getting a heavy bottom pan. You don't have to go all the way and get a cast-iron pan but something that's nice and heavy is good and won't warp. They last ages too.

Advertisement