Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grapplepalooza Entry Now Open!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

purple belt rules id say richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Hi everyone. Apparently there's some technical issues with registering online but only for some people. If you're having an issue with the online payment system please mail or pm me so I can give more detail to my hosting company. Thanks!

I registered with no problems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Killme00 wrote: »
    I registered with no problems

Yes very strange. I'm getting some in but some are having the following problem:
    "PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem."

If you're getting this error please contact me. I'm working with the hosting service and Paypal right now to try to have it resolved. Those braniacs are stumped too so the more detail you can provide the better.

Ah okay, it should be solved now. If you could all do me a favour and encourage your team mates and friends to enter as soon as possible that would be great. Here is the entry form again:

http://grapplepalooza.com/Enter_Grapplepalooza.html

And I'll have some news on the tournament in a few days.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi all,
    The registration form has a few glitches in it it turns out. It performed perfectly when we tested it but unfortunately it is effected by certain user security settings meaning a good portion of people will have problems registering. I will have a fix for the issue this evening that will allow registrations to come in.

Thanks for your patience.

Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Registered! Looking forward to it, don't think I'll be able to attend the evening show sadly because it's my Dad's 60th that night! Depends on if there is a party or not.

Keep the registrations coming guys! Looking good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

How many competitors are registered for the daytime competition?

Quick check tells me 35 so far, but that's about standard and I expect as the date looms closer that will go up to 100+. Always the way no one ever enters until the last minute for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Quick check tells me 35 so far, but that's about standard and I expect as the date looms closer that will go up to 100+. Always the way no one ever enters until the last minute for some reason!

any idea how the daytime comp will run? Will it be a straight knockout format or groups like the last I.P one?

Thanks

Hey Rob,

It'll be straight knockout but there will be an absolute division for Novice and Inters so you are guaranteed 2 matches on the day.

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Entry & payment complete. Better stay away from the take away's this weekend :D

Best of luck with it :)

Qualifiers weight division confirmation:

Light division: under 79.5kg
    Heavy division: over 79.5kg

When registering for the advanced division, you can select any weight over or above the cut off point to be placed in the appropriate category.

Keep the entries coming folks. It's a great looking tournament already.

All current entries. Please make sure everything is correct on your entry. There are 9 unpaid entries. As yet only one person has contacted me re: an unpaid so please check the unpaid list a few posts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Just signed up there, gonna be a great day!

The following people have failed to complete their registration by paying through Paypal, and will be deleted from the competitor list on Thursday if no payment is received. Once again I would ask any club mates of theirs to pass this information on to them:

pawel Guba
    Andrzej Czajka
    Jorge Santos
    kamil rutkowski
    Padraig Magee
    Colm Pollard
    ray smith
    Drance Amorim
    James Owens

Thanks,

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 james308

Qualifiers weight division confirmation:

Light division: under 79.5kg
    Heavy division: over 79.5kg

When registering for the advanced division, you can select any weight over or above the cut off point to be placed in the appropriate category.

Keep the entries coming folks. It's a great looking tournament already.

are these the only two weight divisions? i am 64kg does that mean im in the under 79.5 or?

Hi James,

Are you entering the Advanced division? These two weight classes only apply to the advanced division, every other weight class is as normal.

Barry

ahhh ok thanks, im in the under 1 year/white belt class

• Advertisement

Will the weigh-ins be first thing in the morning or just before your division? Cheers.

weigh in just before your division. This means that you don't have to show up until just before your division starts.

Just over 60 entries now and still coming thick and fast. I'll post up a full list of entries this evening with a paid/unpaid box on the side. There are still a lot of people completing the form but not the payment. These people will be deleted on Thursday if payment is not received.

Regards,

Barry

As promised. 71 competitors and some stacked divisions. I'll have times on Friday afternoon but I think everyone will want to be at the first division which starts at 10.30am... The advanced, where the top 2 will each get a shot at winning a grand that night!

Please review your entry, ensure everything is kosher and if you notice any mistakes contact me immediately.

If you are listed as UNPAID (unclean) then you need to get payment together by Thursday night at 11.59pm when the form comes down off the web page.

Regards,

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianb10

Didn't Pawel Kozlowski get a blue belt from Jorge Santos after his gold medal in the Irish cup?
    Surely he should move up to next level.
    This is not a dig at him because the guy is a beast and I don't think he's even been training a full year yet but if your tappin out purple belts in training your gonna learn nothing blasting through a white belt division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

brianb10 wrote: »
    Didn't Pawel Kozlowski get a blue belt from Jorge Santos after his gold medal in the Irish cup?
    Surely he should move up to next level.
    This is not a dig at him because the guy is a beast and I don't think he's even been training a full year yet but if your tappin out purple belts in training your gonna learn nothing blasting through a white belt division.
    He hasn't been awarded his blue yet. he is a beast alright and a great training partner. he's only been training 5 months and gives me big problems already. to say he is tapping out purple belts is a slight overstatement though i think. he does give Alex big trouble too but don't think I've seen him submit him.

my bad, I thought he had been training much closer to a year.
    i seen him at wild geese martial arts and he was unreal. i'm sure he'll get his blue belt after this comp. one to look out for in the future for sure.

brianb10 wrote: »
    my bad, I thought he had been training much closer to a year.
    i seen him at wild geese martial arts and he was unreal. i'm sure he'll get his blue belt after this comp. one to look out for in the future for sure.
    All i know really he's been at legion a week longer than me and comes from a Thai background. one of the strongest guys I've ever rolled with despite not bein that big. he'll be grading in December wit myself and a couple others:)
    On the subject of the competition. hopefully there'll be more entries into the advanced over the next couple days. Only 3 in my division so far including me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

Good luck with the competition Barry, sadly its same day as Man of War so wont make it, might of entered too if the white belt division was more stacked. ;)

All i know really he's been at legion a week longer than me and comes from a Thai background. one of the strongest guys I've ever rolled with despite not bein that big. he'll be grading in December wit myself and a couple others:)
    On the subject of the competition. hopefully there'll be more entries into the advanced over the next couple days. Only 3 in my division so far including me:)

Good luck lad, what weight class are you in?

• Advertisement

Thanks man. In the heavier division in the +3 years category.

Folks there are 18 people unpaid. I have never seen this amount of unpaids this close to a tournament and there's a good chance someone is going to travel, turn up on the day and have no division to go into. You know I'll be the one called names on the internet when that happens so please, if one of these guys is your team mate, get them to either re-register or send me a mail cancelling their registration.

kamil rutkowski sbg
    Padraig Magee Team Torres- Cia Paulista Newry
    Colm Pollard SBG
    Jorge Santos Legion Ireland BJJ
    Dave Keane The Boxing Clinic
    Ciaran Redmond Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu Ireland
    Lukas Piekielnik Berserkers Team
    Robert wynne primal
    krzysztof renn berserkes team
    Laszlo Borcsok Primal mma
    Chris Leddy Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu
    Cillian O' Connor Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu Ireland
    cian conlan sbg
    Chris Meaney Team Torres Cia Paulista
    shane callaghan pedro bessa bjj
    Robertas Zilaitis Royal combat club

Divisions will be made on Friday and posted here. Unless you contact me to arrange payment, your name won't be in those divisions. Please help me to organise a successful tournament by completing registration in full by tomorrow at midnight.

Regards,
    Barry

Updated competitor list attached.

Some notes:

There will be no rules meeting, you are expected to know the rules and if you are unsure it would be best to ask your coach before Saturday. Every tournament we disqualify someone because of a very simple rule breach that is easily avoided. If in doubt about something, try to catch a referee on their coffee break or someone who looks like they know what they're doing :D. The biggest culprit by far is the leglock rule. The only leglock allowed all during the day is the straight ankle lock, and if your "outside" foot crosses the line of the hip you are placing internal pressure on the knee and can be disqualified. I know there's some guys from outside BJJ coming to the tournament so if you want to grab a referee just to be sure before your division, I'm sure they'd much prefer that then to have to hand out a DQ.

Format:
    1) Division times will be posted on Friday and will be approximate. Please be there 30 minutes before stated times. First divisions (advanced) will START at 10.30am
    2) You will weigh in before your division starts... not in the morning. Remember, failure to make weight results in immediate disqualification. You can change your weight division up to midnight tomorrow baz.oglesby@gmail.com if you need to do this.
    3) Once you are weighed in, you will be directed behind the registration table. There will be a small warm up area there. Coaches may enter the warm up area but are not allowed to accompany their fighters to the mats. You may corner your fighters from the edge of the mat on the spectator side.
    4) Please allow the timekeepers, scorekeepers and officials to do their jobs unmolested. This goes for both competitors and coaches. Do not encroach on the mat before, during or after your fighters bouts. Do not ask the score/timekeepers referees questions about the running of the divisions- their job is to officiate with 100% concentration. Any questions can be directed to the tournament director... me!

Any other questions please fire away it's best to get these out of the way in advance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

advanced divisions looking gooooooooood!

I'm working friday saturday night until 03:30. Don't think I'd be much use with **** all sleep.

I propose that for this and all future competition we change to the name of the Ultra heavy division to the Titan division.

All in favour? (rhetorical, I know you all agree already)

This is my first tournament so I have a quick question. I weigh 73.5kg on the button on my weighing scales. Would I need to lose a few pounds to be safe giving slight differences between scales?

If you are over by a pound or two is that immediate disqualification?

I usually give 200g allowance for a difference in scales manufacturers or what have you.

As promised. 71 competitors and some stacked divisions. I'll have times on Friday afternoon but I think everyone will want to be at the first division which starts at 10.30am... The advanced, where the top 2 will each get a shot at winning a grand that night!

Please review your entry, ensure everything is kosher and if you notice any mistakes contact me immediately.

If you are listed as UNPAID (unclean) then you need to get payment together by Thursday night at 11.59pm when the form comes down off the web page.

Regards,

Barry

Hi Barry i think you may of made a small mistake
    "Aaron Douglas Primal
    White belt OR -1
    yrs training Feather -67.5kgs paid"

I am lead to believe aaron has been training for over 3 years (at least a teammate of his has stated)

here is a link to a picture of him training in 2009

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

james308 wrote: »
    Hi Barry i think you may of made a small mistake
    "Aaron Douglas Primal
    White belt OR -1
    yrs training Feather -67.5kgs paid"

I am lead to believe aaron has been training for over 3 years (at least a teammate of his has stated)

here is a link to a picture of him training in 2009

I think the entry system is automated, so the mistake must have been made by whoever entered him.

Hanley wrote: »
    I think the entry system is automated, so the mistake must have been made by whoever entered him.

Ahhh okay, sorry just wanted to point it out. Im guessing just an easy mistake and he will be moved up a division

All entries are made in good faith and I have to accept them as they come. Perhaps Aaron hasn't trained since then.

There are currently 109 people entered :) The following people need to get their act together and either contact or at least confirm they are not competing:

kamil rutkowski sbg
    Colm Pollard SBG
    liam hughes berserker bjj club
    SEBASTIAN KOZOK FEROCITY MMA TEAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

dave keane is now not competing due to illness

Latest. Please check and see how your division looks :D

I put a message on Shane Callaghans (Pedro Bessa BJJ) facebook page letting him know the situation.

I haven't been training this week so I haven't seen him myself to tell him.

• Advertisement

All entries are made in good faith and I have to accept them as they come. Perhaps Aaron hasn't trained since then.

There are currently 109 people entered :) The following people need to get their act together and either contact or at least confirm they are not competing:

kamil rutkowski sbg
    Colm Pollard SBG
    liam hughes berserker bjj club
    SEBASTIAN KOZOK FEROCITY MMA TEAM

hmmmm ok.... how will match ups be decided?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I've posted on the SBG facebook group and told Kamil myself but not sure what the story is otherwise to be honest, haven't been there all week myself.

Yeah Kamil was telling me he had problems paying the money, whether it was the website or not having Paypal I cannot remember. He knows anyway I think.

Here we go.

These divisions start at 10.30am. These are the Heavies. There will be 2 qualifiers who will get the opportunity to compete later in the evening.

Jake Hecht is out with flu so Hammil gets a bye to the 2nd round along with Davern and Corcoran.

A big dookeroo on here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement