Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good venues in town for a surprise last minute 40th

Options
  • 05-07-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is coming back to Dublin next week, this was a last minute thing as he was not due back until the end of July and it turns out it will be his 40th birthday while he is back in Dublin. I know its short notice but we are going to have some type of party for him on Friday July 15th. That is the actual date of his 40th.

We want to find a venue in town which is probably going to be hard enough due to the short notice but we are going to see what we can do. We will prob get some food as well. I wont be in town again until next Saturday so I was going to ring/email a few venues to see if I could book a venue.

If any of you know of any venues in town where we might be able to book a room or part of a pub for around 75 people will you let me know.

Ideally we would like a place where we could do our own music i.e hook a laptop up to the venues sound system. We did something similar for a party last year in town and it worked a treat (that place is not available this time around though).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

McGrattan's Fitzwilliam Lane,perfect room upstairs. Had my own 40th there in 2***. Perfect for what you are looking for.

Gingerman,Fenian Street, smaller,pokier room and not sure about the sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Harbour Master upstairs is a nice place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PrincessPixie

The Odeon, fab room,
    Odessa
    Harbour Master

Advertisement