Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Maintenance

Options
  • 05-07-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,I have a question regarding child maintenance.I got divorced in august 2009.Never had any finantial help from my ex to my daughter.My ex on another hand got 5 years visa to stay in Ireland just because he is married to me.The funny fact is that he got that visa then we were already separeted,just went to imigration office with copy of my passport!He is origenaly from Belarus and I could never be sure where he lives,there or in Ireland.Now I found out that he is still in Ireland and abtained that visa without my permission.I want to apply for maintenance but I have to know exact adress where he lives to do so,which ofcourse I don't know.Is there any way to find out from garda this information?And if it's impossible then is there any way of applying for a maintenance without knowing address of a father?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

I dont know if you are claiming any social welfare benefits but if you have his pps number they will find him for you. At least they did for my best friend. Her ex ( like mine ) disappeared and did not pay anything towards the child.
    It was ok when she was working but then she lost her job. When she went to claim one parent family allowance they asked for her ex's pps and they found him for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Withlove

That's the thing that I was stuped enaugh not to write it down.But we got married in Ireland and registered us married couple in imigration office.If I give them my PPS number they should have on a record his ditales( like PPS Number,address) as well,or I am wrong?
    In tax office as well they were taking a lot of tax from me then I went to find out why they explaned that I am still married in the record.So they were taking double tax from me,but they said my ex sighned same form to get reduced tax with my help.They might know his PPS number then through me?
    I am sorry for so many questions it's just that I am not from Ireland myself and what cames to ligal questions I feel very lost and don't know where to start.
    I am not getting any Sociale help,and never applied for single perent benefit because I live together with my boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

Ok that makes things tougher. I really don't know the answer to your questions but if I were you I would try everywhere. Tax office ( hope you claimed back any over payment of tax btw ) immigration, gardai. All they can say is no.
    Maybe you could try citizens advice ?? I do hope you get more answers on this .Good luck,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

You should give Social Protection his full name and DOB...they should be able to link that to his PPS No and then to where he is paying tax (employer) or has SP Claim. If you are on LP you should make an appointment and ask them can they help you trace him or advise you how to go about it. I assume you sorted out the situation with revenue??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Can you explain what you mean by paying "double tax"?
    If you mean that he was using your tax credits & standard rate cut off point to reduce his tax payments through Revenue you can make a complaint to them about that and they will refund you your tax AND go after him for the tax instead
    I sincerely doubt though that they will tell you where he is working I would imagine that under the data protection act they can't tell you anything
    Social Welfare would be your best bet
    Also contact the GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau) and tell him the full story they may be able to help you if you inform them you are trying to find your ex in order to summons him plus they can start deportation procedures if he isn't entitled to stay here if your marriage is broken up
    (Unless it suits you better to have him in the country to chase up on maintenance & maintenance payments)?

Did you ask at the District Court what the normal procedure is in this type of situation? I would assume you are not the first parent to find themselves in this kind of mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

did he have any friends in ireland that you could get info from?
    im sure that you must have some document (tax,medical,visa) with his pps number on it since you were married...
    do you know his date of birth, car reg etc, you could hire a PI

long shot-check facebook (his name or his friends names), any bit of info is important

Pandora2 wrote: »
    You should give Social Protection his full name and DOB...they should be able to link that to his PPS No and then to where he is paying tax (employer) or has SP Claim. If you are on LP you should make an appointment and ask them can they help you trace him or advise you how to go about it. I assume you sorted out the situation with revenue??

You understoode me correct,thats exactly what happened also year after I got letter from revenue that they return me tax for renting house.Which I never applied to be returned,when I checked they told me that my ex applied to return that tax.
    Yesterday I googled his nik name and found out that in september he is signing documents for Irish Citezenship.I was able to find out that he is still in Limerick possibly working for delivery company.But even if I call them they not going to give me his home address anyway.Rang garda in Limerick they told me that I have to send them letter requiring his ditailes.So I will try to do that as soon as possible.

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Can you explain what you mean by paying "double tax"?
    If you mean that he was using your tax credits & standard rate cut off point to reduce his tax payments through Revenue you can make a complaint to them about that and they will refund you your tax AND go after him for the tax instead
    I sincerely doubt though that they will tell you where he is working I would imagine that under the data protection act they can't tell you anything
    Social Welfare would be your best bet
    Also contact the GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau) and tell him the full story they may be able to help you if you inform them you are trying to find your ex in order to summons him plus they can start deportation procedures if he isn't entitled to stay here if your marriage is broken up
    (Unless it suits you better to have him in the country to chase up on maintenance & maintenance payments)?

Did you ask at the District Court what the normal procedure is in this type of situation? I would assume you are not the first parent to find themselves in this kind of mess

Thats what I am very suprised about that even lying about his privet information he was still able to get Irish Citezenship.I thought they would be checking more properly.Remember when I tried to register birth of my second child I had to prove that I am divorced ,and for that I had to get letter from judge in Latvia who divorced us.So I had to travel leaving new born child in Ireland to be able to get that document in order to register him.So,to me it all so rediculose that they double check this ditales in order to register child who not even his,but they don't check at all then they give sameone visa for 5 years to work because that person is married to EU Citezen.And also straight after seperation I left to Latvia with my doughter and months later I got letter about them stoping paying Child Benefit because I left from Ireland where at the same time they checked nothing then gave my ex reduced tax credits.

annacanna wrote: »
    did he have any friends in ireland that you could get info from?
    im sure that you must have some document (tax,medical,visa) with his pps number on it since you were married...
    do you know his date of birth, car reg etc, you could hire a PI

long shot-check facebook (his name or his friends names), any bit of info is important

I explane how I was leaving him.My daughter was just 1 months old then I found out some information after which I couldn't imagine our life together.We were renting out appartment and being on maternety leave I couldn't afford place on my own and to rent out with sameone else was impossible because of small baby.So we lived in different rooms till january.I went back to work and moved out but that I had to do then he wasn't at home.(Because he was really acting crazy at one stage I had to call garda because he loked himself with a child in the room and I couldn't feed a baby.)So,I collected my staff while taxi was waiting for me.So I was really running away.I wrote his pps number into my note book,but after his viset to his daughter that page disapeared.He made it really impossible for me to stay in Ireland and after 2 months I left very good job and went back to Latvia.I came back to Ireland 1 year later,to find out that he is using visa.So,hope you understand now why I have so little ditales.Ofcourse I have his date of birth his belarusian address.But thats not enaugh in order to get maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

could you try and contact the office of the judge in Latvia and see if you can get a copy of the application for divorce, im sure it would have his pps number?

i think a private investigator is the way to go, good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement