Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd have thunk it!

Options
  • 05-07-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Kilkenny, the Gay Capital of Ireland!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kilkenny
    Kilkenny

Kilkenny town, located in the South East of Ireland has become the Gay Capital of Ireland over the last few years. This is probably because of the open attitude to gay and lesbian people and the multitude of bars and clubs that are gay night spots.
    Come to Kilkenny and have a gay old time.

2. Kilkenny

A town located in the South East of Ireland, Kilkenny has in recent years become known as the Gay Capital of Ireland. This can be attributed to the large population of gay and lesbian people in the town and the high proportion of homosexual bars and night clubs.
    Hey there buddy, let's go to Kilkenny and have a gay old time !

3. Kilkenny

Medieval town in the South East of Ireland known for its exciting night life and being the Gay Capital of Ireland. Favourite pasttime in the area is 'hurling' which is the local term for drinking far too much and vomiting in someone's garden at four in the morning.
    Well how 'a' ye butty ?
    Are ye cummin to Kilkenny Town fur sum hurling tonite ?
    Dunno sugar, both end are sore since last visit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

That is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Why did the Gay bar close down then? too be honest I haven't noticed an increase of the Gays around the town in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I'd say it's more along the lines of a website contributor/contributions wrote the article in 2008 from a (guest?) editor called BumBoy that has some sort of a grudge against the county (Note the alcohol and hurling references). He only made two contributions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'd say it's someone taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Dymo wrote: »
    Why did the Gay bar close down then? too be honest I haven't noticed an increase of the Gays around the town in recent years.
    Maybe they don't fancy you.

It is funny though. I wonder if Nolan Park would give gay group discounts to the matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Town? Feck that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Urban Dictionary is the stupid capital of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Yes, clearly a piss take.

Fabby where have you been? I've missed your witty posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Haha! I miss Dignity :rolleyes: Why did it close down?

ft9 wrote: »
    Yes, clearly a piss take.

Fabby where have you been? I've missed your witty posts.

Aw shuks, thanks!

I have been busy lately channeling my creativity into an original stage musical about the rise of the Third Reich.

It's called Heil! and it should be in the watergate by Octoberish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Haha! I miss Dignity :rolleyes: Why did it close down?
    I remember I was there one night with a few mates(not gay) and I went up for a poo. It was all quite and then I could here groaning. Two chaps in the next cubicle busting the arse off each other. Scary stuff, I left with the fright I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

UrbanDictionary isn't exactly noted for the serious tone of its content tbh! ;)
    mfitzy wrote: »
    Town? Feck that...
    Aye, now I know many Kilkenny people would find *that* bit insulting all right ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Aw shuks, thanks!

I have been busy lately channeling my creativity into an original stage musical about the rise of the Third Reich.

It's called Heil! and it should be in the watergate by Octobefest.
    fyp

UrbanDictionary isn't exactly noted for the serious tone of its content tbh! ;)

Well, I never! :eek::D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you like that you'll love this :pac::pac:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kilkenny

Normally speaking such entries on the site are funny...take Dublin's one...http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dublin

however its clear somebody with a chip on their shoulder re-wrote most of the Kilkenny one as it used to be far better.

I agree, it needs work; references to the world's end and Dunnes

That portrait of George Berkley is great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

This was written like 4 or so years ago, no? There was a lot of that stuff being said about Kilkenny having a large gay scene back then.

I did a bit of work on that uncyclopedia article.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

LOL very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Pedestrian employed by the local authorities to ensure Kilkenny women walk in groups of two or more.
    :D:D:D: etc

• Advertisement

Castlecomer

Castlecomer is noted for having the most inbred isolated population in Western Europe. However this has not stopped a vast and varied populace from developing in this small townsland, leading to much marital violence and street brawls between young couples. In fact some observers have noted that the only thing Castlecomer marital partners have in common is their parents.

Love it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I laughed :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

vinb.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Love it. :D
    :D:mad::D:mad::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIqqIrLvEcztlGTheR5fTs7EG-BTE9OUwiix2g7gFVKQtNWnyl

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

There, there, there. ;)

Advertisement