Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Asics 2150 trainers are near done. What to choose..?

• 05-07-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hey,
    The title pretty much says it all there. I have been using the Asics 2150 (2140 before that ) up to now and I am on the look-out for a new pair of trainers. Should I stick with the next generation of 2150's or is it worth looking at something else, e.g. nimbus, other brand. I usually run, on average, 35 - 40km each week, with one long (15km) run once a week.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

macgrub wrote: »
    Hey,
    The title pretty much says it all there. I have been using the Asics 2150 (2140 before that ) up to now and I am on the look-out for a new pair of trainers. Should I stick with the next generation of 2150's or is it worth looking at something else, e.g. nimbus, other brand. I usually run, on average, 35 - 40km each week, with one long (15km) run once a week.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Im the exact same as u..2140's followed by 2150's and a few weeks ago I progressed to the 2160's.... I find them more comfortable than the 2150's and are more than happy with them....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

liamo123 wrote: »
    Im the exact same as u..2140's followed by 2150's and a few weeks ago I progressed to the 2160's.... I find them more comfortable than the 2150's and are more than happy with them....

Cool. I might hit down to the shop and try them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

liamo123 wrote: »

Same for me, strange thing is I got a pair of blue 2160's in a local shop & then bought an orange pair on the web from which I find more comfortable, so much so that I've bought two more pairs from the same site (one is in storage for later use).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I used to wear that 2150 series range also as I need foot arch support.
    However a couple of years ago I went for Kayanos and haven't looked back since. More support and more comfortable in general for me.
    Worth the extra few quid but there are often deals/sales to be had where they are reduced to approx €100 or so.
    Keep an eye out for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

belcarra wrote: »
    I used to wear that 2150 series range also as I need foot arch support.
    However a couple of years ago I went for Kayanos and haven't looked back since. More support and more comfortable in general for me.
    Worth the extra few quid but there are often deals/sales to be had where they are reduced to approx €100 or so.
    Keep an eye out for them!

I heard that those Kayanos are designed only for people with a pronated foot. If you don't have that condition, those trainers might make it worse. Is there any truth in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

macgrub wrote: »
    I heard that those Kayanos are designed only for people with a pronated foot. If you don't have that condition, those trainers might make it worse. Is there any truth in that?
    I have a moderately pronated foot so it works for me. AFAIK the 2xxx series also serves the same purpose but with less support. The grey bit at the side of the sole is the support part of the shoe and the Kayanos grey bit is longer than the 2xxx series grey bit, thereby signifying that it has more support.
    The Kayanos shouldn't make any pronation condition worse, it merely serves to address the imbalance that's already in the foot.
    These are my thoughts on it from a couple of conversations with sales staff years ago and it's worked since. To be sure you get the right shoe go to somewhere like Amphibian King and get the expert advice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Just a note on the 2160

Elverys and Champion have these at full price this week -e115
    But Lifestyle have a sale and have the 2160's at euro80 til end of July.

Bought mine yesterday :)
    Not tried yet
    K

Advertisement