Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct application to ucd

Options
  • 05-07-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

dit have a direct application to some of the courses and was wondering if ucd does this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It depends. All undergraduate entries go through CAO, and the late application date was 1 May. Graduate programmes are different, you'd need to check the specific programme for details.

If you look at the three (3) full-time programmes for which DIT has direct entry this year, you can see that they're all brand new programmes, being offered for the first time. I suppose UCD could do the same if they had anything brand new, but they don't.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

ayumi wrote: »
    dit have a direct application to some of the courses and was wondering if ucd does this.

Yes, UCD does have a direct 'Apply Online' option. I just used it to apply to do an undergraduate course as a postgrad - work that one out! :) (I'm adding another subject to my existing BA so I'm therefore a postgrad doing an undergraduate course, although technically the actual course I'm doing is a postgrad course even if I'm doing precisely the same subjects as in the BA degree)

Here's the Apply Online function but, as the poster above said, consult your subject department first.

Advertisement