Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! I'm after damaging my husband's hedge cutter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

LLU wrote: »
    like the good shepherd who knows all his sheep, I know all my tools and I'd know if one suddenly became new again! personally I think you've overreacted a bit here but anyway what's done is done so best of luck with it. just don't let it escalate and do something like burning down the garden shed to cover your tracks!

LOL :D:D:D

I can assure that Mr D is not a "Tommy Walsh" type, so I'd say he'd hardly know what is in the shed. However, he definitely would remember that it was a corded hedgecutter as opposed to cordless, hence the need for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

and furthermore we will contacting Mr d... in the near future "unless of course you buy me a new hedge trimmer...."

mattjack wrote: »
    and furthermore we will contacting Mr d... in the near future "unless of course you buy me a new hedge trimmer...."
    Good Luck with tracking Mr D 007 down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I'm absolutely raging with myself for doing something as stupid as cutting the cable (even though it was an accident). The hedge cutter is only a year old so I will give it to my dad so it won't go to waste.

I have found a similar model in Argos for about €80 so I will purchase that and I doubt Mr. D will notice, I really couldn't stand the slagging I'd get if he found out and this way he still thinks I'm wonderful :)

dont be daft, tell him you cut it he will have it fixed in 10 mins, spliced and taped, tell him you it happened and to go for a few beers for himself
    E80 down the swanny , swallow your whatever, and tell him

neiphin wrote: »
    dont be daft, tell him you cut it he will have it fixed in 10 mins, spliced and taped, tell him what happened and to go for a few beers for himselfE80 down the swanny , swallow your whatever, and tell him

Stall the digger neiphin :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you really suggesting that after spending from 9am - 8pm doing the gardening for him on Monday, I should pay for his beers as well?

After all the stress and upset I've had this week :D:D , I'm the one who needs a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

redser7 wrote: »
    You could tidy up the cut ends and splice them together. Then wrap each wire with insulation tape, and then the whole exposed area with more tape a qazillion times.
    Have had to do that on my lawnmower twice.
    I'll probably get slated for even suggesting it. There are safer ways obviously.
    Extremely dangerous advice!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

I was off work yesterday and it was a beautiful day so I thought it would be a nice surprise for my husband if I attended to some jobs in our front and back garden.
    Stall the digger neiphin :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you really suggesting that after spending from 9am - 8pm doing the gardening for him on Monday, I should pay for his beers as well?

After all the stress and upset I've had this week :D:D , I'm the one who needs a drink.

i think you were catching some rays
    doing some exercise, and entertaining yourself

Advertisement